• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I hate being ill

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate being ill

Developed a cold over the weekend. Had to bill from home today.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Me too, started Friday but seems to have mainly cleared now so it didn't stop me going to the dentists this morning for further root canal and crown treatment on a front tooth and then the orthopedic doctor for some electric shock treatment and sucking cups on my back, neck and shoulders followed by a 300km drive and still managed to bill a few hours today
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Exactly the same for me. Developed illness on Sunday and WFH today. Nasty.

One more reason to get out of the UK.

Comment

*cough* Suity *cough*
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

MTFU!
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

B is for bug that you have today,
            e is e-coli which is a terrible bacteria,
            d is for day which you spent at home,
            w is for weekend, which is when you got your cold,
            e is for exception, which we all have sometimes,
            t is for throat, which is ever so sore,
            t is for tickle, oh cough cough cough,
            e is for epidemic, which seems so rife.,
            r is for respite, oh do please put your feetup & hope you feel better soon.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Hope it blows over soon NAT, but just in case, make sure your will is up to date and dont mix with the kids or friends or the missus.
              Dont make any long term plans and dont worry about getting life insurance because it's too late now.

apart from that, chin up, hope it blows over soon

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Friggin' permie came in yesterday, looking and sounding like she was at death's door.

On being asked if she was "OK" she burst into tears and said how ill she felt.

After much persuasion, she went home, but only after she'd coughed and spluttered her germs for a couple of hours.

If I get ill and miss a day's invoicing, I'm suing her. (Actually, maybe I'll post that question for NLUK in professional!)

Hope you feel better soon NAT.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  If I get ill and miss a day's invoicing, I'm suing her. (Actually, maybe I'll post that question for NLUK in professional!)
                  I wonder how long it will be before some ambulance chasing lawyer tries that one on. Like that PC that tripped over a kerb in Thetford when answering a 999 call.

"That stabbing victim had a cold - and he gave it to me when I attending the 999 call. He coughed when I was in the room. I need compensating for the 2 weeks I will be off sick and unable to do any overtime. My lawyers will serve him with papers when he gets out of surgery."

Comment

My initial read on the subject was "I hate being !!!".
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X