• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its a Knockout !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a Knockout !

Our neighbours had dinner with us last night and for some strange reason the conversation got to 'Its a Knockout'.

We all fondly remembered the european version and how it emphasised all those national stereotypes : the Italians were always flamboyant, the Germans scheming, the Belgians dour. Mr Smith especially remembers Stuart Hall laughing.

It would be great to watch repeats but I'm not sure it would be as popular today as it was.

The Royal "Hooray Henry" version in the eighties killed it off for good.

Comment

Some sky channel are doing re runs of this. I spotted it when I was surfing my sky box. Probably something rubbish like challenge
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

ITS A KNOCKOUT = 15 seconds of fame
        Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Result.

Didn't Eddie Waring comment on it at one time or am I dreaming that?

He did indeed.

Up and Under!
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Smith
            Our neighbours had dinner with us last night and for some strange reason the conversation got to 'Its a Knockout'.

We all fondly remembered the european version and how it emphasised all those national stereotypes : the Italians were always flamboyant, the Germans scheming, the Belgians dour. Mr Smith especially remembers Stuart Hall laughing.

It would be great to watch repeats but I'm not sure it would be as popular today as it was.
            Is that like the FIFA World Cup?

Comment

I don't know, sounds like a groovy party! Did they have Battenburg Cake?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The FIFA World Cup

Originally posted by expat
                Is that like the FIFA World Cup?
                Yeah, what's that all about? The FIFA World Cup
                Is there another World cup we're likely to confuse it with?

Q. So did England qualify for the world cup?
                B. No, we don't have any Sumo wrestlers.
                C. Huh?
                Why not?

Comment

Yeh. The real one was in Battersea. And England won.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

It’s still running on the continent, I think it would be great to have it back especially with the expanded EU. Perhaps the Vatican can join in.

I have seen some really good programmes on European TV but there seems to be an inherent reluctance for British TV to buy in anything other than American or Australian other than a few licensed ones from Holland such as Big Brother.
                    HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Working...
                    X