• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice Feature

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Feature

you can put your cv on jobserve, and activate it in a way that for people to look at it they have to request permission from you

what happens ?

they search for the skills see the outline of the cv in their search results, request permission to view the cv, you get an email from Jobserve requesting permission to view the cv and naming the agency requestor, you can then check them out if you are not satisified that they are an agency you would like to deal with you can deny permission to view the cv

nice feature

Milan.

Have you tried it?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
      Have you tried it?

I have.... don't get too much feedback from it
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

It is useful for firing off cvs to agencies - no storing copies on client machines and no firewall isues.

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
          I have.... don't get too much feedback from it
          I can't believe how an average agent, with a two-figures IQ, would be able to make a search on jobserve and even if they can, they are probably too lazy to do that. Better to fish for the unsuitable candidates who are willing to work for a lower rate.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Franko,

yes, have had it setup for the last 10 months and regularly get
            the request emails from noddy agencies and am able to simple reject
            the requests.

very nice.

Milan.

Comment

Ok if you have a brill up to date much in demand skill set I suppose.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

if you haven't there's no point contracting is there Xog ?

Milan.

Comment

just think of all those Noddy little agents running round looking for the perfect candidate, finding your skill set is a perfect match and then they cant get in touch because you wont let them.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

aye,

the difference being

noddy agent at big (ahem) reputable agency = ok

noddy agent at little gonna go bust next week agency = not ok

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X