• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good afternoon from the south

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon from the south

Hello all,

Quick intro for me. I'm contractor curious but also want to ask some more general job / progression advice, not sure which forum to post that thread in. I've picked up some useful info already just lurking.

Originally posted by BrickBrack View Post
    Hello all,

Quick intro for me. I'm contractor curious but also want to ask some more general job / progression advice, not sure which forum to post that thread in. I've picked up some useful info already just lurking.
    Post it anywhere except "General" and you'll be fine. You can post it right here if you like, we are supposed to go easy on noobies in this part of the forum so you might even get a useful
    answer too!

Oh and Welcome!
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Wanderer is the nice one around here.
      What do you want to ask? Make sure it can't be found by searching the forum or NorthernladUK (CUK forum personality 2011) will have you.

Do you like films about gladiators?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Wanderer is the nice one around here.
        What do you want to ask? Make sure it can't be found by searching the forum or NorthernladUK (CUK forum personality 2011) will have you.

Do you like films about gladiators?

I'm gladiators agnostic.

The question is a kind of career advice question, a where to focus my efforts type thing given my experience and the U.K market. I'll try and tidy it up a little.

Comment

"Contractor curious" - there's something about that phrase that is decidedly dirty.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
            "Contractor curious" - there's something about that phrase that is decidedly dirty.

qh
            You are right it does sound a bit like a first time cottager who's not quite sure...

Comment

Just what we need, another soft souther shandy drinking fairy
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Pah! I may be soft but I drink ale and stout!

Plus homemade Zider!

Comment

Originally posted by BrickBrack View Post
                  I'm gladiators agnostic..
                  That is a fail then... Mumsnet for you my son.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    That is a fail then... Mumsnet for you my son.
                    Stone the non believer!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X