• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inquests and suchlike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inquests and suchlike

My cousin (36) was found dead this morning - probably suicide. Does anyone have any idea of the process now? How long it takes before they release the body for the funeral?

ta.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    My cousin (36) was found dead this morning - probably suicide. Does anyone have any idea of the process now? How long it takes before they release the body for the funeral?

ta.
    Sorry to hear that

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. Not sure this will answer your exact questions but could be an useful resource for all involved...

Bereavement due to suicide - suicide notes,police involvement,press,Anniversaries,finding out,shock,family : Healthtalkonline
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Was he suffering from anything ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Yeah, bit of a bugger. I didn't really know him very well. My aunt and uncle I really feel sorry for. Like it says in Two Tower - no parent should have to bury their kid. They've been expecting it for the past two weeks since he was released from the psychiatric hospital. He was an alcoholic from 18, and struggled with depression from before then. His heart may have simply given up, since he wasn't physically very well either.

Comment

WMSS

https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/overview has an overview of what will happen but https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/whe...d-to-a-coroner probably is what you need.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

ta.
              They have to have an inquest for any "unexplained" death. But if nothing untoward shows up, and no crime is suspected, they normally release the body after a couple of weeks or so.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

ta.
                I'm sorry for your loss (
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Thanks for the links, info and condolences. Just explained it all to my kids (ages 15,16 and 21, so they're able to conceptualise a bit) - death, unfortunately, is part of living. What's important is not to look at the death or the events leading up to it, but the life that went before it, and the good things that happened in it.

Comment

My consolenses.

Comment

Working...
                    X