• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switched Energy Tariffs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switched Energy Tariffs

Does this mean I'm a grown-up now?

Changing energy suppliers is like changing from the Corleone family to the Luciana family in the hope they won’t break your legs so often
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Changing energy suppliers is like changing from the Corleone family to the Luciana family in the hope they won’t break your legs so often
      WHS.

Destroying 1000's of windmills would be better value.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        I didn't even change suppliers: I went through the process of getting quotes from several comparison sites and they all came back with my current supplier offering the best deal.

The real question is why they're allowed to keep customers on a tariff that's around £120 more expensive per year than one of their alternative tariffs when everything else remains the same

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I didn't even change suppliers: I went through the process of getting quotes from several comparison sites and they all came back with my current supplier offering the best deal.

The real question is why they're allowed to keep customers on a tariff that's around £120 more expensive per year than one of their alternative tariffs when everything else remains the same
          Because like insurance renewals they just hope that existing customers don't look around
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

All of Ofgem need to be lined up and shot before any real change will happen... oh and the politicians as well
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's a free market innit. You are free to bend over and they are free to try and screw you.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'ts like going into greggs and seeing a meat and potato pasty for a pound, and saying 'wow, thats expensive, I'm off to Sayers'
                and the woman says, 'we have them 10p cheaper under the counter'
                so Nick takes three

the woman picks three from the tray, wraps them under the counter and charges him whatever three time a pound minus 10p is.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I'ts like going into greggs and seeing a meat and potato pasty for a pound, and saying 'wow, thats expensive, I'm off to Sayers'
                  and the woman says, 'we have them 10p cheaper under the counter'
                  so Nick takes three

the woman picks three from the tray, wraps them under the counter and charges him whatever three time a pound minus 10p is.

£2.70
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    £2.70
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X