• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst cars you've owned

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst cars you've owned

Mine was the Hillman Imp (actually Singer Chamois) that managed to engage two gears at the same time...

First car was an Austin Metro, more accurately described as a rust bucket on wheels.

Luckily mine was stolen,then the police found it and thankfully some Chav's stole it from the police compound.

Comment

I've got 2 worst owned - Ford Sierra and Ford Orion.

Never seemed to make it to the next MoT.

Comment

renault

a renault 18 (when a student). never started in cold weather

FRENCH CARS @#è! (the last part is censored)

Comment

Narodny Podnik

Skoda. It cost twenty-two pounds and I was ripped off.

Comment

Yugo

After passing my driving test, I was bequeathed this monster from my father. Of course, as a 17 year old and desperate to set out on the road, it was a dream come true.

It was the sports version, which meant it had a sunroof. It was also bright yellow.

A week after passing my test, I was driving on my own in Inner London, as a parcel courier for my dad's company

Best training I ever did though !

Anyway, back to the car.

The most memorable incident was when a friend (Brian) and I went for a spin one day, down to Leeds Castle. It was a cold March day, I seem to recall.

Halfway to Leed's Castle, Brian said :

"I can't see out of the passenger's window properly. Can you get the wipers going and clean the screen ?"

So I did. I pressed the button to squirt water on the screen, and out came a jet of water. I took my finger off the button, but the jet continued. It kept coming for about the next 3 miles. Of course, I had to have the wipers on furiously to at least see where I was going. Then the passenger wiper threw itself from the car.

Deciding that we might as well continue the journey, and get a replacement later in the day, we carried on, somewhat bemused.

Brian had another request soon afterwards.

"Can you turn the heating on please, I'm cold."

I flipped the lever to the "Hot" position and switched on the fan.

10 mins later, the car was sufficiently warm, and Brian asked for it to be turned off.

I duly obliged, at which point the slider came off in my hand.

5 mins later, we were starting to roast.

I advised Brian to open the window.

He started unwinding the window with the manual handle...and it came off in his hand.

I tried to open the sunroof, but it too decided to divest itself from its handle.

By this time we were both in hysterical fits of laughter.

Brian called the car "a clown's car". The car, in a fit of vengeance, decided to have it's revenge.

BOING!

Brian's seat went fully back, and he was left in a permanent recline for the rest of the journey.

He never said another word after that.

I continued driving, giggling like a demon on helium.

Comment

Cars

Renault 19, had 2 french cars in total, will never have another...best sticking to German engineering!

Comment

Re: Cars

Oh, I forgot.

The 2nd worst car was the Fiat Marea 2.0HLX I owned for 6 weeks last year.

Could have been used to provide a smoke screen on convoys across the Atlantic when the sump had oil in it... other than that, a very nice car.

Comment

My 2nd Lamborghini was terrible, but the ones after that have been great. Which was nice.

Threaded.

Comment

DimPrawn: Actually all my Lambos have been pretty good. My 2nd one is doing a car show in Germany at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                    X