• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to save the planet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to save the planet

Government Climate Change experts has increased the money spent on flights every year in the past three, with the total hitting £3.3 million. Including flying around the UK First Class

Government's anti-global warming department and its £3.3m air travel bill - Politics - News - London Evening Standard
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Recently I was asked for an opinion about some new building design - the first thing I've asked after checking them was: where is the car park?

Comment

I will start believing there is a crisis the day that they start acting as if there were a crisis

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I will start believing there is a crisis the day that they start acting as if there were a crisis
        By which time it will be too late (It already is).

Strange how many people who hate the bloated and wasteful Government use that bloated and wasteful behaviour to justify their own viewpont ... CO2 molecules really don't care about Government travel expenses ...
        Last edited by pjclarke; 2 May 2013, 08:41.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

On a related note. Good news for coal miners

Demand for coal seen growing in the next two years - Energy Ticker - MarketWatch

Demand continues to rise.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            On a related note. Good news for coal mining machine manufacturers

Demand for coal seen growing in the next two years - Energy Ticker - MarketWatch

Demand continues to rise.
            FTFY

they don't use Picks & Shovels anymore
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              By which time it will be too late (It already is).
              If its already too late, why dont you go away and stop bothering us.
              come back in ten years when we are reaping the profits from our vinyards, fighting off millions of climate refugees and scuba diving in 100 feet of water to go sightseeing in London.
              then you can say -'I told you so'

you might have to queue behind harold camping though

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                X