• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Er

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Er

The Airprox report included a transcript of the conversation that took place between the aircraft and the controller at 12:55:

A320: "Glasgow Approach [A320 C/S]"

EGPF: "[A320 C/S] pass your message"

A320: "Er yeah we just had something pass underneath us quite close [1255:30] and nothing on TCAS have you got anything on in our area"

EGPF: "Er negative er we've got nothing on er radar and we're n- not talking to any traffic either"

A320: "Er not quite sure what it was but it definitely er quite large [1255:40] and it's blue and yellow"

EGPF: "OK that's understood er do you have a an estimate for the height"

A320: "Maybe er [1255:50] yeah we were probably about erm four hundred to five hundred feet above it so it's probably about three and a half thousand feet."

Source:

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The Airprox report included a transcript of the conversation that took place between the aircraft and the controller at 12:55:

A320: "Glasgow Approach [A320 C/S]"

EGPF: "[A320 C/S] pass your message"

A320: "Er yeah we just had something pass underneath us quite close [1255:30] and nothing on TCAS have you got anything on in our area"

EGPF: "Er negative er we've got nothing on er radar and we're n- not talking to any traffic either"

A320: "Er not quite sure what it was but it definitely er quite large [1255:40] and it's blue and yellow"

EGPF: "OK that's understood er do you have a an estimate for the height"

A320: "Maybe er [1255:50] yeah we were probably about erm four hundred to five hundred feet above it so it's probably about three and a half thousand feet."

Source:
    Did EGPF have a stammer?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Did EGPF have a stammer?
      Probably tulip-ing himself at the prospect that he missed some traffic on his screen and nearly caused a mid-air collision - and seeing his job/career float in front of his eyes....

Comment

Nothing to worry about - just Zeity popping to the shops.

Comment

The blue might have been a UN helmet, the yellow could have been a bowl of pasta

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Big yellow thing in the sky above them? I know the weather is crap in Scotland but are they really still confused when they see the sun?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Probably some eejit in a microlight out of Strathaven

And no they don't always paint on radar.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
              X