• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council Elections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Council Elections

Just cast my vote!

I didn't receive any bumpf from any of the candidates except the Lib Dem chap. A local lad of 19 who came to the doorstep and also sent out a handwritten note setting out his stall.

I had fun telling him that a lot of the local issues he was campaigning on were all a direct consequence of the directives issued by the EU of which his party is so fond.

Suffice it to say that I put a big black cross next to our Nige's man this morning.

My mate's hubby is up for our local.

He's a nice bloke.

Unfortunately he's Tory.

Comment

As they say in Zimbabwe vote early and vote often!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        My mate's hubby is up for our local.

He's a nice bloke.

Fortunately he's Tory.
        FTFY
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
          Suffice it to say that I put a big black cross next to our Nige's man this morning.
          Although UKIP have some attractive headline points to make, they just do not have the range of policies that would allow me to vote for them. Most importantly, their tax policies, whilst desirable, just do not add up. Until they do, they will not get my vote.

Oh, and their idea of getting rid of the smoking ban, the only good thing that came from the last Labour government.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            As they say in Zimbabwe vote early and vote often!
            That was Belfast.

Zimbabwe is you will all vote for us or we'll send our friends round and evict the town.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Have voted UKIP just to set the car amongst the pigeons.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                Have voted UKIP just to set the car amongst the pigeons.
                Usually they fly away on time but occasionally one or two might get splattered under the tyres.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Local labour wannabe (in a very safe labour seat) is driving around blasting how the Tories are giving tax breaks to millionaires, asked her three time for her views on local issues only be be greater with a stunned look of dumbfound and silence
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Local labour wannabe (in a very safe labour seat) is driving around blasting how the Tories are giving tax breaks to millionaires, asked her three time for her views on local issues only be be greater with a stunned look of dumbfound and silence
                    I always ask my local councillor items that don't cost any money. They current bug bear is a lack of central government money so they are wasting millions on wheelie bins because Health and Safety say so.

The cost of claims due to injuries for not having wheelie bins so far £0.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X