• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IWOOT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IWOOT

Stick the Solar-Powered Window Socket on Glass and Watch it Charge | Green Prophet

The disc-like socket has a base of mini solar panels and a suction cup that ensures effective adhesion to virtually any transparent glass surface that is exposed to the sun. The panels absorb solar energy, which is then converted into electric energy by an embedded converter.

No idea if it will ever see the light of day as its just a concept but how brilliant an idea is this!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I have something similar that doesn't stick to a window but charges a four AA cells from solar power, I put some 2700mAh low self discharge NiMH ones in there but it is still fairly crap TBH
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

There is just so much wrong with that product..... Nice idea though.

Tiny collector, losses through double-glazing, storage losses, inverter losses (presumably) to produce 110/230V.

Sadly, not a chance.

Comment

1 - 1.5 Kw / m2

Power Density of Solar Radiation

so it won't drive a full socket even at unity.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's rubbish. How am I supposed to fit a three pin plug in there?
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Working...
          X