• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do night shifts in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do night shifts in the UK

....when you can simply go and work days in New Zealand

British call centre workers from Wrexham fly to New Zealand to work the night shift during office hours for telephone company | Mail Online

I'm alright Jack

I really don't understand the business case behind this. Maybe there isn't one?

Comment

120,000 unemployed in Wales and they can't find those who'd work night shift?

Source: BBC News - ONS: Unemployment in Wales falls by 3,000

Comment

Why work in a call center when you can pop out a few babies and just sit at home and watch Sky all day ?
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          Why work in a call center when you can pop out a few babies and just sit at home and watch Sky all day?
          And night?

Comment

Maybe it's just a badly reported story and they are actually expanding overseas.

Or, more likely, preparing to close the Welsh office and offshore the lot.

Comment

I'm struggling to understand why this company are still operating a call centre in the UK. Haven't they heard of Mumbai?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                I'm struggling to understand why this company are still operating a call centre in the UK. Haven't they heard of Mumbai?
                Allai fod yn braidd yn anodd dod o hyd i siaradwyr Cymraeg yn ddigon rhugl yno ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Allai fod yn braidd yn anodd dod o hyd i siaradwyr Cymraeg yn ddigon rhugl yno ...
                  russian git

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

We use them as part of plan B. If we're not available the calls go off to them. They're very good actually and would recommend. We only receive day time calls so I doubt if we'll have to deal with the new NZ department.

One thing for sure though, if they go Bob they'll be dumped.

Comment

Working...
                    X