• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When you're cruising down the river, do you like to wave at people on the river bank?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you're cruising down the river, do you like to wave at people on the river bank?

I have to say I do. But it is rather hit and miss as to whether it is an appropriate wave, or an inappropriate one.

While I've been benched I've been living in London, and my inflatable rib-like thing has been on the Thames between Greenwich and Mortlake.

I've found that if I pass a gaggle of babes I can wave at them and they'll laugh and wave back. I think it gives them a cheap thrill

And if it is pack of blokes they'll give a cheerful "give it some welly!" (even if I'm already doing 18 mph the top speed).

But it is individual blokes who look at me with some mild interest. I wave - and they give me an evil stare. That didn't go too well

How can you tell whether a from-river wave is going to be a winner, or a loser?

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    While I've been benched I've been living in London, and my inflatable rib-like thing has been on the Thames between Greenwich and Mortlake.
    So you dumped the cleaner lady then?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      So you dumped the cleaner lady then?
      Well no. But I think we are still friends after my last faux pas.
      So tell me AtW, do you enjoy watersports, as I do?

Comment

So tell me AtW, do you enjoy watersports, as I do?
        Errr, no.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Errr, no.
          That's a shame. I'm sure it would improve your sex life..

Comment

That's a shame. I'm sure it would improve your sex life..
            Indeed, this is my rowing patch, waving is normal, better still if you have a 6pack and are topless

Dont go too close to the Gun at the blue bridge opposite the O2, you will get bottles hurled at you, ditto the party boats!

Comment

If they have a dog wave, otherwise don't wave to individual men.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sorry, could you just clarify exactly what you are waving?
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I thought cruising was an activity the likes of which shaunyboy and spod would do on clapham common, late at night?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    I thought cruising was an activity the likes of which shaunyboy and spod would do on clapham common, late at night?

No, that's dogging. Please tell me you did not get those two mixed up on a cruise ship!
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X