• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commerce partners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commerce partners

Has anybody heard about this agency/EB?

what do you make of them?

shysters

Originally posted by BradNeedsYourHelp
    Has anybody heard about this agency/EB?

what do you make of them?
    dont touch them, they p1ssed me around badly last year, Amy I think it was, promised me I'd got the gig, told me contract was coming.......even got e-mails confirming this......then job got pulled and they didnt even let me know, I had to phone the end client to find out.......fekin very low end scum agency
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

My sentiments exactly. Got mucked about 18 months ago by them and their sister company Project Partners.

Got the gig, end of March last year, but between the interview, offer and the start date, my brother passed away.

Naturally my family came first and I called the agency and said I need some time now before I start due to my brother etc. (Hadn't signed contract at this point).

They then read me the riot act and how they were going to sue me as I had accepted the job for a specific start date and that I was reneging on the deal. I explained about my brother again (I was the one who had to agree to turn of his life support)...but they wouldn't listen, so I said well fecking sue my then!...They didn't but I wouldn't work for sc*m like that anyway.
      Last edited by premiere; 14 July 2006, 15:55.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your brother.

Thats a tulipty reaction from the agency.

They are on my blacklist now.

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
          My sentiments exactly. Got mucked about 18 months ago by them and their sister company Project Partners.

Got the gig, end of March last year, but between the interview, offer and the start date, my brother passed away.

Naturally my family came first and I called the agency and said I need some time now before I start due to my brother etc. (Hadn't signed contract at this point).

They then read me the riot act and how they were going to sue me as I had accepted the job for a specific start date and that I was reneging on the deal. I explained about my brother again (I was the one who had to agree to turn of his life support)...but they wouldn't listen, so I said well fecking sue my then!...They didn't but I wouldn't work for sc*m like that anyway.
          Pity you hadn't tape recorded the conversation and then taken the tape to the newspapers.

The bad publicity would have ruined their reputation and their business and most clients would have had the good sense to pull the plug on them.

Comment

Project Partners - Avoid or risk losing out

Hi Folks - read this thread and felt I should warn all who are thinking of doing business with these folks. I am stiill waiting to be paid for my last 4 weeks from them and dispite promises to do so, they have not. My umbrella company had to threaten them with legal action. Stay away if you are smart.

Comment

A timely thread. I just saw a (badly worded) contract role with them and was going to enquire tomorrow. I won't now !
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

According to my db of roles applied for over the years, this agency advertises, I send CVs you here nothing back and the few times I have phoned, there not there.

Sounds like a bunch of tossers to me.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
                  dont touch them, they p1ssed me around badly last year, Amy I think it was, promised me I'd got the gig, told me contract was coming.......even got e-mails confirming this......then job got pulled and they didnt even let me know, I had to phone the end client to find out.......fekin very low end scum agency

We're mere commodities, or didn't you know that?

Ever heard of a loaf of bread throwing a wobbly when it's not sold at the end of a day growing staler and more inedible by the minute, next to empty racks in the window ?

EB's view us in the same light.

Comment

They obviously don't realise contractors talk to each other or reputation is important.

Comment

Working...
                    X