• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mars bars, Yorkie and Greggs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mars bars, Yorkie and Greggs

Yes, things are getting smaller, so how are we getting fatter

‘Mars bars used to be bigger and could actually fill you up.’ And he pointed out that Yorkie bars – once advertised as ideal for burly lorry drivers – are ‘no longer big enough for truckers’.

Nestle chiselled 14 per cent off a Yorkie, reducing it from 64.8g to 55g, while the 65p price has stayed constant. At its peak, in 2000, it weighed 70.4g. A Mars bar, selling at 59p, has shrunk 2.5g to 58g.
    Bakery chain Greggs ... It has cut the meat content of its Steak Bake pie by 15 per cent, while keeping the price at £1.35.

Greggs the baker was a little vague, saying its Steak Bake recipe had been altered. It said: ‘The recipe was changed over a year ago. The new Steak Bake also has a reduction in salt.’
    Products are getting smaller but price you pay stays the same | Mail Online
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

I submit into evidence "The Mars Bar Duo"
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I submit into evidence "The Mars Bar Duo"
      I thought they were for fat lesbians?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        I thought they were for fat lesbians?
        MF?!

Here's a question for you!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          MF?!

Here's a question for you!
          Indeed, certainly big enough to be two of them.

What would that be?

Comment

The mars bars has shrunk so much in size (length & width) that atw told me it resembles fullyautomatrix's erect member and is only about 5cm long!
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I remember when a Mars bar could feed a family for a week.

In other news, have you noticed that multi-pack crisps now contain 2 big crisps and a handful of bits?

I'm sure they used to be the same size as the regular packets, which now cost over 50p

(They were 2.5p when we went decimal - should I retire to a home for the bewildered yet?)

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
                I remember when a Mars bar could feed a family for a week.

In other news, have you noticed that multi-pack crisps now contain 2 big crisps and a handful of bits?

I'm sure they used to be the same size as the regular packets, which now cost over 50p

(They were 2.5p when we went decimal - should I retire to a home for the bewildered yet?)
                CUK, is a home for the bewildered.

So your in the right place.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                X