• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May

Pain in the arse in Germany:

1st May - Wednesday - holiday
    9th May - Thursday - holiday (this is unofficially Fathers Day (*) although in the East it was known as Herrentag and the following Sunday its Mothers Day)
    20th May - Monday - holiday
    30th May - Thursday - holiday

If, like me you work far away it can mean up to 2 non-billing days in a week (1st May I stayed over as 3 non-billing days is a joke.) How's it going for SY01?

There are then no national holidays until 15th August, a Thursday and then 3rd October, also a Thursday.

(*) The men all go out and get drunk all day long. A lot of them will have wagons which they'll pull around full of beer as well although the do's I go to there does tend to be a fair few women as well....
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

We have 2 here in cloggers in May, (9th and then the 20th).

Then nowt till xmas.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Pain in the arse in Germany:

1st May - Wednesday - holiday
      9th May - Thursday - holiday (this is unofficially Fathers Day (*) although in the East it was known as Herrentag and the following Sunday its Mothers Day)
      20th May - Monday - holiday
      30th May - Thursday - holiday

If, like me you work far away it can mean up to 2 non-billing days in a week (1st May I stayed over as 3 non-billing days is a joke.) How's it going for SY01?

There are then no national holidays until 15th August, a Thursday and then 3rd October, also a Thursday.

(*) The men all go out and get drunk all day long. A lot of them will have wagons which they'll pull around full of beer as well although the do's I go to there does tend to be a fair few women as well....
      Ironically in Russia 9th May is Victory Over Fascism day!

The Great Patriotic War - 1942-1945. Three years? Odd, 1939 in these parts..

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Ironically in Russia 9th May is Victory Over Fascism day!

The Great Patriotic War - 1942-1945. Three years? Odd, 1939 in these parts..
        Which was worse for Russia - Stalin or Hitler?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

My client closes early on the Wednesday before ascension, so we lose 1.5 days.

One more public holiday on 1st August, then, thankfully, that's it until Christmas.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            My client closes early on the Wednesday before ascension, so we lose 1.5 days.

One more public holiday on 1st August, then, thankfully, that's it until Christmas.
            I have an enforced day off this Friday as we have the Thursday as bank holiday. Mr N doesn't
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              I have an enforced day off this Friday as we have the Thursday as bank holiday. Mr N doesn't
              Me too, and Turdsday, and the 20th. All very well but no invoicing. Still, the poor permies need a rest.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I'm split between Switzerland and the UK this month but I'm working every bank holiday
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

In Denmark

They have the following:

26 April (Day of Prayer)
                  2-3 May Office closed
                  9 May (Ascension Day)
                  19 May (Whit Sunday)
                  20 May (Whit Monday)
                  5 June (Constitution Day)

So I have short trips out and work from home on these days

Comment

Originally posted by geoffreywhereveryoumaybe View Post
                    They have the following:

26 April (Day of Prayer)
                    2-3 May Office closed
                    9 May (Ascension Day)
                    19 May (Whit Sunday)
                    20 May (Whit Monday)
                    5 June (Constitution Day)

So I have short trips out and work from home on these days
                    Bloody lazy workshy feckless stinking rich extremely productive Northern Europeans!
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X