• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Boomed

Phone rings today and its the consultancy I'm working through to tell me that the company have come through early this time and I should receive a new contract extension for the second half of this year later this week. Nice but, no-one has actually asked me as I was thinking that 3.5 years is quite a long time to be in one place, at the moment I'm doing diddly squat (and feeling guilty) and have (lazily) actively started looking for other projects. Still can't complain as the rate is damned good and its nice to feel wanted so I'll accept
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I love that new Avatar. Phwwwwor!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Phone rings today and its the consultancy I'm working through to tell me that the company have come through early this time and I should receive a new contract extension for the second half of this year later this week. Nice but, no-one has actually asked me as I was thinking that 3.5 years is quite a long time to be in one place, at the moment I'm doing diddly squat (and feeling guilty) and have (lazily) actively started looking for other projects. Still can't complain as the rate is damned good and its nice to feel wanted so I'll accept

Congrats!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Congrats!

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        I love that new Avatar. Phwwwwor!
        Reminds me of Ana Mendieta

Comment

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Comment

Hang on, everyone has posted happy glyphs, but reading between the lines shouldn't this be ...

bummer, bad luck. hope they change their mind before you have to sign anything
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'd remember the proverb of the bird that didn't fly south for the winter if I was you! Market is pants at best in places so I would sit still and keep warm in the tulip!

Comment

Working...
                    X