• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The perils of celebrity status

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeremy Clarkson sparks outrage

Can I just say that I’ve worked at the BBC for 24 years and in all that time no-one has ever tried to put his finger in my bottom
    Gordon Bennet! On CUK, that would be just a perfectly normal comment. Obviously there are downsides to earning a million pounds a year!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Gordon Bennet! On CUK, that would be just a perfectly normal comment. Obviously there are downsides to earning a million pounds a year!
    Notice he's not saying he hasn't put his finger up someone else's bottom...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Notice he's not saying he hasn't put his finger up someone else's bottom...
      WSS
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What a crass thing to say given that the BBC is emerging as having been a paedo paradise over the years.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Clarkson says something controversial every now and again when he has a book to sell or show to promote. He knows there are idiots out there (and in CUK evidently) that will react and do his publicizing for him for free. Here endeth the lesson.

Comment

We now know there was/is some sick people at the BBC, but surely no one could be that sick.

Reminds me of one of the wife's older friends. She worked at a care home where Savile used to visit his brother and she thought he was ok because he never laid a finger on her!
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I don't expect anything different from Jessa and actually get ****ed off about hearing that people get offended by him. He has and always will have a risky sense of humour. its never going to change...

If there is any indignation to be had it should be for all the weak willed pussies that sat on their arses and kept quiet while the likes of Saville and Hall did as they liked.

Comment

Quite a big bloke isn't he? Probably safer to grope Hammond. Cue joke about Richard Gere guest starring on Top Gear. Shooting is delayed because they can't find Richard Hammond.

PS That's another peril of celebrity:

http://hollywoodandswine.com/man-who...ly-apologizes/

Anyone who seriously thinks you could put a hamster up the mmm and stay alive has never kept hamsters. Fitted carpets, plaster, they don't last long with those teeth.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 7 May 2013, 10:45.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Gordon Bennet! On CUK, that would be just a perfectly normal comment.
                  Maybe he should've posted it on CUK anonymously then.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
                    Clarkson says something controversial every now and again when he has a book to sell or show to promote. He knows there are idiots out there (and in CUK evidently) that will react and do his publicizing for him for free. Here endeth the lesson.
                    Oh _Clarkson_. Sorry, I thought for a second you were talking about Richard Dawkins
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X