• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Death of a Titan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death of a Titan

RIP Ray Harryhausen
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

His work inspired me to well, hide behind the couch when I was a wee boy.

A legend.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

And all by stop motion. The really sad thing is if that was a modern film, the audience would barely bat an eyelid: "It's just CGI" - yawn. But then it was "Wow! How did they do that!".
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Apparently his funeral is going to take 10 months to film.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I still love his work to this day and often prefer what he did to the overworked CGI you get these days.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            I still love his work to this day and often prefer what he did to the overworked CGI you get these days.
            WNS

I loved that stuff as a kid, as did my kids when they were, erm, kids.

I think my favourite Ray Harryhausen character was Talos.

Comment

What film were you starring in there, zeity?
              Originally posted by zeitghost

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Blimey, you were young there Zeity!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The misshapen stroke induced faces, the spasticated jerky movements and the terrible noise.But that's enough about Old Hack I'm going miss Rayhausens models.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    His work inspired me to well, hide behind the couch when I was a wee boy.
                    That wasn't the 1978 world cup then?

Comment

Working...
                    X