• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emigration

Seeing as this seems to be the most sensible option the way things are going, I've been thinking.

I could walk into well paying jobs in Germany and Switzerland, but don't like the weather and need to learn German.

US is another possibility as my skills would probably allow me to be sponsored by a co. But I think the US has long term issues of its own.

Malaysia, Singapore appeal quite a bit. Going to check this out in the summer as part of holidays.

But I would guess Australia (where again, my skills would be in demand) is beginning to look like the best compromise: weather, the Asia effect, English speaking. Only problem is its full of ozzies.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Seeing as this seems to be the most sensible option the way things are going, I've been thinking.
      Well that is progress at least!

But I would guess Australia (where again, my skills would be in demand) is beginning to look like the best compromise: weather, the Asia effect, English speaking. Only problem is its full of ozzies.
      Not the only problem. It is also still too fooking close!!
      And they are probably already well-served with Till Operators!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Emigration

I hear Mogadishu is quite nice...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          I hear Mogadishu is quite nice...
          Would be good for DA, Robby and a few others - I hear it has small government and is very free market.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Is this because you're stuck in BS UK?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Not the only problem. It is also still too fooking close!!
              And they are probably already well-served with Till Operators!

They really need hair-dressers apparently. Maybe you could get an apprenticeship, learn the trade and go?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I spent 3 weeks in Aus a few years ago to try and get feel for whether or not I wanted to do this. Conclusion I came to was I do, but not just yet. For me, going to Aus for career aspirations is not the route to go. Rather, it is a place to go to enjoy the fruits of your labour in a relaxed chilled out place and enjoy the sunshine. One day when I am big and strong, I'll look into this again.

Comment

They really need hair-dressers apparently. Maybe you could get an apprenticeship, learn the trade and go?
                  you getting a visa based on your expertise in doing Back,Sack & Crack?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

What, and risk working with you?
                    Never!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X