• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My dad warned me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad warned me...

My dad warned me that the two things you can never win an argument about are religion and politics. This place seems to bear that out.

Perhaps his advice was just aimed at you stackpole when he realised that you just cant argue?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
      Perhaps his advice was just aimed at you stackpole when he realised that you just cant argue?
      Perhaps, but he also told me that Marillion were sh!te.

You see? Clever eh?

Last edited by stackpole; 16 July 2006, 08:07.

Comment

"You are the son of a terrorist whore"

What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Oy! My mother is no terrorist!

Comment

you can never win an argument about are religion and politics
            Where Chico is concerned the only remaining argument is whether he's a troll or just plain deluded. Or maybe both ?

Comment

I've said it before and I will say it again....Chico and his posts are the product of a febrile mind that enjoys the attention of posting pseudo-religious claptrap in order to galvanise reaction from the board.

In responding, we are ultimately playing his game, and thus falling for his trap. Chico is no more a Xian than I am the Pope. He is just some bored IT Geek who gets a kick from stirring the 5hit on this board. And the really silly thing is that some people fall for it, hook line and sinker. They are the ones I pity and feel sorry for.

My religious sympathies lie somewhere between athieism and paganism....yet do you hear me proselytyzing ? No. It's for each person to choose and find their own way...not for me to tell them the supposed truth.

Chico....I would suggest that you thrive on confrontation and most members of the board realise this and treat you accordingly for it.

Perhaps you might like to create an ALT persona, of a one-armed black lesbian hamster breeder on welfare benefits, in order to satisfy your peverse desire to challenge the board's social mores, as we seem to have grown tired of the current Chico-Messiah avatar.
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

You can always win an argument. Just leave it
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                X