• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England's chances in the World Cup ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England's chances in the World Cup ..

I haven't seen an England team with quite so many talented players for quite some time. But can they do it, this time?

Witrh Michael Vaughan leading the team, and Steve Harmison, Fredie Flintoff and Pietersen in full flow I think they will do it

Comment

Right

smartarse, I meant football

Comment

Re: Right

I think France will abandon the CAP before England get within a whisker of winning the world cup.

Comment

betting

I predict a Germany- England final

Comment

Re: betting

I predict a Germany- England final
            With the Yanks joining in at half time...:rollin

Comment

England have the best bunch of players since 1966.

This is probably down to the diversity of coaching and the competition from good foreign players over the past ten years or so.

However, translating this into a world cup win is down to other factors as well.

Comment

I predict...

Iran
                ---------------------- = FINAL
                (USA + UK)

Comment

I agree that the current England team has a lot of very talented players (excluding Beckham, as he is virtually invisible for England these days). Unfortunately I can’t see them wining the WC. The problem is the manager; his overly cautious tactics aren’t the recipe for ultimate success. I applauded the FA for appointing Ericsson, but I think his usefulness has passed. He took England to a higher level of tactical sophistication, but we need to consider moving on.

There are quite a lot of teams capable of wining the WC, so it really depends on the odd bit of luck. Holland and Spain always have an embarrassment of talent, although never fulfil their potential. The Czechs, on their day, can rival anyone. Germany, although not the best, are improving, will have home advantage and lady luck is always on their side. France are strong but spent. I’ve been predicting an Italian triumph for years; they’ve got the talent but their mentally will always let them down. Then, of course, there is always Brazil and Argentina; good enough to field about six national teams each!

Comment

What about Rochdale FC ?

With the RSD providing a smokescreen across the pitch, her little chav tykes can gain ball advantage, whilst her husband Lurgh can languish in a 3-piece sofa in goal, watching Oprah and drinking Special Brew.

Comment

Working...
                    X