• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aargh! Pulled muscle or something

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aargh! Pulled muscle or something

Nipped out to the shop. As I came down the couple of steps at the front porch I realised that there was somebody waiting at the pelican crossing in front of the house, so I went to walk faster down the path so as not to miss the crossing phase.

Immediately there was a loud crack and a shooting pain in my left calf

I didn't make it to the end of the path. Tried, but after a couple of steps I had to stop, as it seemed unlikely I'd be able to get across the road. I shambled back up to the flat where I've got my leg up. I can manage to shuffle about in here, if I'm careful. Going sideways is best. But if I get my leg into the wrong configuration, the pain shooting through it makes my whole body twist

Best of all, I've got an interview eighty miles away tomorrow. I'll take the automatic so driving should be OK, but I've no idea yet if I'll be able to actually make it out to the car in the first place, or from the car to Reception at the other end

I wouldn't associate a loud crack with a pulled muscle! Snapped tendon, or broken bone. Either that or you stood on a twig (or snail) at the same time.

Hope you are ok for tomorrow and GL.

Comment

Ibuprofen.

If that can tide you over till after the interview.

Then get thee to an Osteopath/Chiropractor/someone who can sort you out
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

A loud crack is not good. I've never had that with a pulled muscle. NHS Direct/hospital now.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          I wouldn't associate a loud crack with a pulled muscle! Snapped tendon, or broken bone. Either that or you stood on a twig (or snail) at the same time.

Hope you are ok for tomorrow and GL.
          I found some sports site that said "a loud crack" can be heard with a bad sprain

Now I've got to clear this sports site out of my browser history before anybody sees it

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Ibuprofen.

If that can tide you over till after the interview.

Then get thee to an Osteopath/Chiropractor/someone who can sort you out
            I'll see how it is in the morning, and if need be hit the Ibuprofen. If nothing else, explaining that I'm limping because I was injured hunting frozen peas should give the interviewer a laugh

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            A loud crack is not good. I've never had that with a pulled muscle. NHS Direct/hospital now.
            See above about the sports injuries site. There's nothing but the very slightest of aches if I just lie here resting it, and I managed to get my pea-free dinner served up OK. It can take weight if I stay still, even standing on one leg. It's just when I try to walk normally, it leads to it tensing in a certain way that's just excruciating

Comment

Ice?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Ice?
                I could have used the peas if I'd made it to the shop

Comment

I've sprained stuff in the past and have two in laws who are both medical professionals who advised me to immediately hit the ibuprofen, rest said limb and stick an ice pack on it ASAP.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Currently suffering from postherpetic neuralgia. Think toothache 24/7 on one spot on yer back for 6 months and only one month in.

Alcohol helps though.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X