• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10,000 Britons are stranded in Lebanon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10,000 Britons are stranded in Lebanon

That's an awful lot of Britons... what are they all doing there? has Beiruit become the new Benidorm?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Terrorist training camp?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

That's "10,000 terrorists soon to get Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK"...

It's just easier to call everyone "British" these days...
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Silly buggers should have stayed at home!
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

When the Syrians pulled out, the lads and lasses from Newcastle steamed in.

Y I MAN.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Shows how little you guys know about the region.

Lebanon is a really beautiful place, has a lot of French architecture, is very pro-west and the women are very good-looking. Seem like good reasons to holiday there myself.

Pulverising the most pro-western neighbour in the region is not going to help Israeli security in the long-run.

Comment

Lebanon should have ensured that no attacks on Israel take place from its territory, effectively they seem to turn blind eye and no wonder Israel reached the end of patience.

Comment

I agree with that statement AtW however I'm wondering how the Lebanese were supposed to achieve that given their recent history, its a poor country with a weak military which is as good as controlled by Syria. Syrian forces only quite recently withdrew (in name only in practical terms). Any politician who tries to stand-up to Hezbollah gets assassinated by Hezbollah or Syrian agents. Ultimately the Lebanese can't win and they just end up becoming the "Belgium" of the ME all over again.

Why is everyone making out the world is so black-and-white? I know you guys are smarter than that.

Comment

True, they are too weak to control Hezbollah, and this most certainly happens because of Syria's and Iran's influence.

But what can Israel do? I am not exactly big time supporter of what Israel does, but in this case it seems that they did not have a choice but respond in force - exactly what Hezbollah wanted as those guys dont seem to want peace process to continue.

Perhaps the way out for Lebadon is to ask UN to provide peace keepers on its territory who will ensure border with Israel is secure.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    That's an awful lot of Britons... what are they all doing there? has Beiruit become the new Benidorm?
                    They owners are of 4X4s on their way to Afghanistan to seek political asylum from the UKs tyrannical regime.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X