• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The frightening truth: Mumsnet runs Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The frightening truth: Mumsnet runs Britain

"I’ve thought long and hard about what I’m about to write, and hesitated. I know journalists are supposed to speak truth to power without fear or favour, so when I uncover evidence that a privileged, unaccountable and self-selecting elite is wielding great power over British public life, I should speak out.

But I’m only human. I am weak. I went to a state school in the North East, and I still sometimes feel intimidated by the immense confidence and self-assurance that radiates from those further up the socio-economic scale, people used to giving commands and being obeyed.

So yes, when it comes to writing about an immensely powerful organisation capable of doing great harm to even the mightiest, I flinch. I’m not alone either. Even senior Cabinet ministers are afraid too. They’ve seen what these people can do to those who cross them.

But never mind. Sometimes you have to take a stand. Sometimes you have to speak, and hang the consequences. So here it is, the frightening truth: Mumsnet runs Britain.

Consider this sequence of events, which has played out over the last few months:"

Ladies! Nick and Dave are fighting over you again: or, why Mumsnet runs Britain – Telegraph Blogs

And I thought CUK run Britain

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 27 March 2017, 20:56.

Comment

The journalist who wrote that sounds like a bit of a bed wetter to be honest.

Thinking about it, things have gone down hill a bit since they gave women the vote though.....
      Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        The journalist who wrote that sounds like a bit of a bed wetter to be honest.

Thinking about it, things have gone down hill a bit since they gave women the vote though.....
        Shhhhh. Then mumsnetters are everywhere. They'll hear you. Shaunbhoy has never been the same since they had him!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Shhhhh. Then mumsnetters are everywhere. They'll hear you. Shaunbhoy has never been the same since they had him!
          Am I being unreasonable to think this post is taking the p?

Mumsnet.
          They're onto you fella - run for it!!

Comment

Spent last night on a holiday. Holy crap they are a bunch of sad feckers! The only thing I can think of is that just about every other board on the planet turns up there to troll them with tales of woe and stupidity. Surely humanity cannot be as ****ed up as the mess that get posted on there

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              And all I did was offer a few cooking tips too!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
              X