• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terminally ill hamster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminally ill hamster

One of my cricket team-mates told us yesterday that he paid thirty quid to have his hamster put down.

The rest of us were incredulous, and suggested many ways that he could have saved thirty quid. He's mad isn't he?

Mean heartless bastard in my view. Was it really so ill that the vets could not have saved it for less money than he could have mortgaged his house for? Did he ever consider talking out health insurance when he brought it? I suspect not. If its condition was incurable then then he should have sold his wife and kids into slavery to put it into cryogenic storage in the hope that future vetinary procedures could do what they sadly cannot today. If absolutely nothing could have saved it then £10k on a proper funeral with all the small pets in the neighbourhood invited plus a decent marble headstone is the very least he could have done.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

He had a cricket bat. Say no more.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

We would exterminate it for fun.

Comment

I operate a "small furry animal dispatch service" for free. I even excercise the victim^M^M^M^M^M^Mrodent for free for a while first!
          Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

A South American would have shoved a kebab stick up its arse and stuck it on the grill. It would have taught your children about birth life and death too.

Comment

ATW said he used to do something with hamsters but since he came out of hospital I cant get him to tell me what it was again?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Why not use £30 to buy a new one pretend it is the old one.

Comment

Effects of microwave exposure on the hamster immune system.

Here is relevant piece of research (note: its a US Govt site).

Comment

One of my friends from Scotlland got married to a girl from Ecuador, I wnt for his wedding in Quito back in 1998, to my surprise they eat Hamsters there as a delicacy, they taste quite good, a bit like chicken.

I would have given your mate a fiver for it and had it for supper.

Recyling , environmnentally sound.

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 17 July 2006, 09:53.

Comment

Working...
                    X