• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Surprise while watching live police chase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise while watching live police chase

Sorry I had to post this youtube vid:

Made me laugh heartily

It's a shame he didn't lose it on the corner and smash through the wall of the house into the room where the guy was watching

Bonus marks for not knocking the TV over when coming through the side of the house, so we could see the police drag him from the vehicle and beat him senseless from two angles.

Additional bonus marks for tracking the downswing of a billyclub on the ground and chopper shots and using it to calculate the latency between the action on the ground and the TV transmission.

Top marks for using the result of the previous calculation to establish reasonable estimates for the distances between the helicopter, its downlink relay, the TV station transmitter, and the house where the signal was being received

Comment

The video seemed very dull after Nick's version.

Comment

This was funnier.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          Sorry I had to post this youtube vid:

Made me laugh heartily
          I say! Very decent of these chaps to drive within the speed limit in urban areas when chased by the 'fuzz.' Wouldnt happen over here.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Clearly a future Darwin Awards winner in the offing.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Top marks for using the result of the previous calculation to establish reasonable estimates for the distances between the helicopter, its downlink relay, the TV station transmitter, and the house where the signal was being received
              Well I've got the view as seen in the video:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ing...7,,0,7.09&z=19

(turn round 180 degrees for the house)

Although this assumes zero broadcast delay. (if you go two blocks up the road you get to the petrol garage you can see on the left at 0:22)

The problem is there is a railing in the video, but a wall in the streetview. So I suspect the chase may have got further on.

I need to get youtube frame-by-frame functionality to examine the video in more detail

Comment

Working...
              X