• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pervert or Paedo???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pervert or Paedo???

So I logged into the Sun this evening to see tomorrow's headlines, but it appears that Operation Yewtree and the 'healthy' Page 3 history of the Sun has collided into an almost obsessively blurred sexual confusion of St Trinian's 'cor', 'paedo' 'No', sexual 'Rarrrrrr' and MILF 'Have it'

These are actually 8 out of the first 12 headlines on todays Sun.

I'm thinking I may become gay, it's looking a safer bet.

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Guess which paper these came from.
    Shock as 84 schools have NO white British pupils at all... double the number of five years ago.
    No, it's not racist to stop illegals conning their way into Britain - or telling ALL immigrants that they must speak our language
    How Lauren Booth found a good Muslim husband - with an ad on the internet
    (And if you're still not sure the headline about homeless families being housed in four star hotels should be the clincher)

Comment

Who reads this junk? Surely the guardian is the only paper for the discerning reader?

Comment

All this obsessive raking up of old crimes and misdemeanours will do much more harm than good longer term.

Bringing obscurity into the open and dispelling mystery is the first step to making it commonplace and accepted. You only have to consider that final flurry of gay persecution and cottaging prosecutions etc in the 80s before gays became totally accepted. (I'm not for a moment suggesting that is a Bad Thing, just pointing out that the effect may be similar for kiddy fiddling.)
        Last edited by OwlHoot; 12 May 2013, 08:55.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Shock as 84 schools have NO white British pupils at all... double the number of five years ago.
          So why exactly do you think this should not be mentioned, given what it is costing us? This is one cost, like so many others, that is not included when calculating the benefit of immigration. It is quite explicitly excluded in fact, on the grounds that children born to migrants in the UK are British, despite the obvious reality that it is a consequence of immigration.

I know facts are hard for you lefties to cope with but try looking at the 2007 Home office report.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Back to topic of perves, what should a zombie who fancies live people be called, a vivophile?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I still think this is the best from the Daily Star

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                So why exactly do you think this should not be mentioned, given what it is costing us? This is one cost, like so many others, that is not included when calculating the benefit of immigration. It is quite explicitly excluded in fact, on the grounds that children born to migrants in the UK are British, despite the obvious reality that it is a consequence of immigration.

I know facts are hard for you lefties to cope with but try looking at the 2007 Home office report.
                OK

"84 schools have NO white British pupils."

So they have white pupils, and they have British pupils, but not white British.

Who decides who is white and who is not? And why does it matter? How brown do you have to be before you're no longer white?

In the USA, they have what's known colloquially as the 'one drop' rule - that is, if you have any black ancestry, you're black.

It's also been shown that the vast majority of the "white" US population do have a black ancestor - a legacy of the slave trade. If these people were categorised according to law, the majority of the USA population would be black. Most choose to ignore, or simply don't know about their ancestry. Check out the work of Adrian Piper - here - videos are on youtube and make thought provoking viewing.

Fortunately in the UK we're a bit more enlightened. You decide how to identify yourself. If I want to decide that I'm asian I can.

So white british is problematic for the following reasons:

1) White/not white is not a binary
                2) It doesn't matter a jot. British is British.

If you have a problem with the children of migrants being British, what about their children and grandchildren? What if they marry a white Brit? Oh dear, their kids won't be white!
                Last edited by mudskipper; 12 May 2013, 18:54.

Comment

Pervert or Paedo???

Where's the poll then?

Comment

Working...
                  X