• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free stuff

I really hate throwing useful stuff away but charity shops are quite picky about what they take. Now I've discovered this site:

The Freecycle Network

It's international and there is probably a local site near you. I posted an ad for a lot of greenhouse glass last night, got 3 replies and a bloke is now on his way round to collect it. Brill!

I will try my huge collection of 1980s electronic components next. Bound to be some weird hobbyist who wants a lot of 7400s and transistors etc. (Unless you want it of course Zeity)
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

It works well, you'll still get the odd random asking for a buy it now price because they're stupid to realise it's not ebay
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I really hate throwing useful stuff away but charity shops are quite picky about what they take. Now I've discovered this site:

The Freecycle Network

It's international and there is probably a local site near you. I posted an ad for a lot of greenhouse glass last night, got 3 replies and a bloke is now on his way round to collect it. Brill!

I will try my huge collection of 1980s electronic components next. Bound to be some weird hobbyist who wants a lot of 7400s and transistors etc. (Unless you want it of course Zeity)
      Do you have a car, petrol, under three years old, less than 10k on the clock, five door hatchback in excellent condition?

I'll happily collect.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

The Freecycle Network

Good call on that. Joined and got rid of a piano I don't want within twenty minutes and being picked up on Tuesday.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

last time we got rid of something via Freecycle we ended up with mormons collecting it and then they tried to continually come and hassle us.

Why Americans come to Britain on missionary work they couldn't explain..
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Do you have a car, petrol, under three years old, less than 10k on the clock, five door hatchback in excellent condition?
            I DO as a matter of fact! Why not call and collect it? Of course it might have gone by the time you get here.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              last time we got rid of something via Freecycle we ended up with mormons collecting it and then they tried to continually come and hassle us.

Why Americans come to Britain on missionary work they couldn't explain..
              Just tell them your satanists or if you're really sure you don't want them to visit again, tell them you're gay satanists
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Tried to give away a kids' bike.

Only call I got was from a fella in Milton Keynes who wanted me to deliver.

Gave up, and took it to the charidee shop.

Comment

Gave away a whole greenhouse. Someone turned up, spent six hours disassembling it and took it away in their car.

Similarly gave away a damaged tv ( the screen had been scratched) and also a scratched and cat p!ss stained sofa ( clearly advertised).

I was amazed at what people would take away.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Gave away a whole greenhouse. Someone turned up, spent six hours disassembling it and took it away in their car.

Similarly gave away a damaged tv ( the screen had been scratched) and also a scratched and cat p!ss stained sofa ( clearly advertised).

I was amazed at what people would take away.
                    Did the cat scratch your TV as well as pee on the sofa?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X