• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CO2 levels higher than for millions of years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CO2 levels higher than for millions of years

Greenhouse Gases Hit Threshold Unseen in 3 Million Years - Bloomberg
    I'm alright Jack

“We are in the process of creating a prehistoric climate that humans have no evolutionary experience of,” Bob Ward
    Which means err....well looking out the window ....wet.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

“Americans should welcome the 400 parts-per-million threshold. This means that plants are going to be happy, and this means that global-warming fearmongers are going to be proven wrong.”

Marc Morano

At least he stopped short of "Let's try and make it 500ppm before the end of the decade!"

Comment

Entertaining figure, Morano. Zero credibility. Check out his report detailing how over 700 prominent international scientists dissent from claims of global warming.

What struck me was that one of Morano's 'prominent scientists' had the same name as Alan Titchmarsh, our own cuddly TV gardener, chat show host and popular novelist (though Morano couldn't spell his name right).

Uh-huh - on Planet Morano, a TV gardener is a prominent scientist and when Titchmarsh writes 'I'm sure we are contributing to global warming, and we must do all we can to reduce that', he is, in fact 'dissenting'.

And he seems to be the best that Bloomberg could locate to provide 'balance'. I suppose we should be glad it wasn't The Viscount of Benchley.
        Last edited by pjclarke; 13 May 2013, 13:48.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Increased Co2 is caused by climate change scientists jetting around the world to talk at conferances
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Increased Co2 is caused by climate change scientists jetting around the world to talk at conferances
            Are they secretly making cobalt?

Comment

I laghed when I read about this. Shouldn't really but it was a bit of Shadenfreud and I couldnt help it.
              What I was laughing about was an EO-Fascist spin organastion that you probably never heard of call themselves 350.com

i.e. if the planet ever gets to .0350 % carbon dioxide, we would all burst into flames and get flooded by the oceans and by climate refugees

I was thinking of buying up 400.com and 450.com just to spite them
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
              X