• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Italian Lakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Lakes

Any recommendations for a good hotel?

Looking for summat 5 star, not fussed which lake.
    Last edited by norrahe; 13 May 2013, 07:36.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

It really depends which lake. I went to Garda last year and actually stayed in Garda town. Hotel we booked was quite reasonable Linky. We got a free upgrade to a room on the top floor and had a private terrace. It is very clean, decent rooms and quite central. As it is on the east of the lake it got the sun late into the evening.

Comment

Don't know about any 5 star places, but imho the southern end of Garda is a great location for getting around by boat, train or bus. You are within day trip distance of Milan, Verona, Vicenza and even Venice.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

The drive through the Swiss and Italian lakes would show you many lovely places to stay. I say take a road trip and drive through France, to Strasbourg, Basel and onto Lac Lucerne, and up to Garda and the others. Stay where you find places. I have done the drive a few times, and it's really quite special.

Comment

Go to Bellagio on lake Como, and you'll find yourself maxing out your budget pretty soon. But you get what you pay for. There a few few hotels with beautiful lake views.

Comment

Villa Castagnola in Lugano. OK, so it's in Switzerland instead of Italy, but that just means less plebs. Otherwise, tak a look along the road in Morcote; lots of places in a more normal price range that are actually very smart.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Any recommendations for a good hotel?

Looking for summat 5 star, not fussed which lake.
              Lake! We never had holidays near lake when I was a kid, we had to make do with puddle in ‘t middle of road.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Lake! We never had holidays near lake when I was a kid, we had to make do with puddle in ‘t middle of road.
                Luxury!!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Luxury!!!
                  We had to make do with a big salt water puddle, some sand next to it, scorching heat and ladies walking around with no clothes on.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    We had to make do with a big salt water puddle, some sand next to it, scorching heat and ladies walking around with no clothes on.
                    Aye, and donkeys, swimming next to a nuclear power station,sand in your sandwiches and sunburn (I think).
                    But we were happy.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X