• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well - that wasnt a very relaxing weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well - that wasnt a very relaxing weekend

Mrs P still in hospital. Much rushing around back and fore to hospital.

More of the same this week, inc school run, client, hospital etc. Hoping she comes out soon.

As per other posts, client not being the most helpful it must be said. At times like these, I can see the advantage of being a permie :-(

One thing - lucky I'm not working away from home or that would be a 1000 times worse....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    As per other posts, client not being the most helpful it must be said. At times like these, I can see the advantage of being a permie :-(
    Do you really think a permie at your current place would be treated any better.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

LOL. Probably not much better but of course you'd have the leave/emergency leave card to play then..... Got to be fair my last employer for all their faults wasnt like this - Mrs had serious health problems a few years ago and they just said yeh have a week off for free and do you mind if we call you if we really have to.

Even the permies get treated badly but contractors even worse....

Comment

As a contractor they don't see you as a person or individual you're just a number on a piece of paper and that's how they refer to you behind the scenes, unfortunately that's the way business works there is no real human element to it anymore.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
          As a contractor they don't see you as a person or individual you're just a number on a piece of paper and that's how they refer to you behind the scenes, unfortunately that's the way business works there is no real human element to it anymore.
          Your not wrong there. To be fair, I don't expect them to sit me down in a room and give me a hug LOL.

But when I say I ain't available because of this and give them a perfectly valid explanation, I don't want any whinging about it. Like someone said, I appreciate it might be inconvenient for them and I will do my best to minimise the risk to them but its out of my hands to some extent. Moaning ain't gonna change the facts....

If they wanted unlimited resource availability they should be paying £1500 to some consultancy company not significantly less to a one man band contractor.

Comment

Aye it probably is inconvenient but tulip happens, like all the fuss I had with this one monther was because I was the single point of failure for the product lol some companies have no foresight unfortunately. In the sense that they never thought I would want to leave
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              Aye it probably is inconvenient but tulip happens, like all the fuss I had with this one monther was because I was the single point of failure for the product lol some companies have no foresight unfortunately. In the sense that they never thought I would want to leave
              Oh yes. Know that one as well. Current client is like that. They leave renewals until the last second and piss me off every time but they assume I'm just going to renew every time and never even think I might not one day.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Oh yes. Know that one as well. Current client is like that. They leave renewals until the last second and piss me off every time but they assume I'm just going to renew every time and never even think I might not one day.
                Nothing is stopping you from pulling that card.

And telling them that they treat people poorly as not all clients are as bad as this.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Get a sub in!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Nothing is stopping you from pulling that card.

And telling them that they treat people poorly as not all clients are as bad as this.
                    Of course there isnt. If I could get anything else...

At the moment, its close to home, decent rate and theres nought else. Lets just say if something decent comes up there will be zero guilt from me for leaving them in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X