• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last minute rate change in offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last minute rate change in offer

Have a few offers in the table so this isn't really a problem in terms of "beggars can't be choosers" but does it put you off going to a client when they try one on last minute and say there has been a "change in budget"? That is assuming they go back to the original offer of course.......

Is it something you would do in their situation or is it something that would make you decide to turn down an offer al together....?

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Have a few offers in the table so this isn't really a problem in terms of "beggars can't be choosers" but does it put you off going to a client when they try one on last minute and say there has been a "change in budget"? That is assuming they go back to the original offer of course.......

Is it something you would do in their situation or is it something that would make you decide to turn down an offer al together....?
    This is what I like about the USA, if you were there; you could buy a gun and shoot them
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      This is what I like about the USA, if you were there; you could buy a gun and legally shoot them
      FTFY
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

If it's a fiver a day, I'd assume the agent's children needed new shoes and wouldn't worry about it.
        If it's more I'd assume the client/agent couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery and would decline.

The last time someone tried this on (15% reduction) I declined the contract and got one paying what I wanted a couple of days later.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Sounds to me like the budget was never there and its more likely that the agent put you in at the lower rate, banking on the fact you'd fold and take it if you were offered the gig.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Clientco agreed to originally agreed rate pretty soon so I will accept.....

Boomed!

Comment

Clientco agreed to originally agreed rate pretty soon so I will accept.....

Boomed!

Comment

Boo-hoo-hoo-med
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Clientco agreed to originally agreed rate pretty soon so I will accept.....Boomed!
                  What's the rate? Just so that we know if it should be celebrated as success or utter failure.
                  Last edited by AtW; 13 May 2013, 13:57.

Comment

nice bit of Gazumping, check its not the agent trying it on and look for your alternatives.

Once set for an alternative Apologise and ask for 50% more.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X