• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NetTiers vs NHibernate vs Wilson OR Mapper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NetTiers vs NHibernate vs Wilson OR Mapper

Anybody used these tools / architectures...?

NHibernate seems to just do ORM mapping with an XML file that is as complicated as you want it to be... Wilson ORM is slightly more advanced I fell.. NetTiers makes use of the Enterprise Library and at first sight seems to offer more...

I'd like to hear peoples experience of either.... it seems to be a decision bewteen XML mapping, or reverse engineering a database schema.
    Vieze Oude Man

Originally posted by mcquiggd
    Anybody used these tools / architectures...?

NHibernate seems to just do ORM mapping with an XML file that is as complicated as you want it to be... Wilson ORM is slightly more advanced I fell.. NetTiers makes use of the Enterprise Library and at first sight seems to offer more...

I'd like to hear peoples experience of either.... it seems to be a decision bewteen XML mapping, or reverse engineering a database schema.
    Being a Java guy, I've used the Java version of Hibernate. I tend to use it in conjunction with http://www.andromda.org/ (for which there's a version for .NET). That way it becomes less complicated to use - and less tedious in that there's no need to write all the niggly value objects or XML files.

Hibernate a great tool and is very mature on the Java side of things. Not sure about the .NET as I've never written a line of .NET code...
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

I'm going to try NHibernate for a project but I get the feeling that it's going to be a too slow for a high traffic web site.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
        I'm going to try NHibernate for a project but I get the feeling that it's going to be a too slow for a high traffic web site.
        If you make sure all the indexes are in place in the DB, you'll be surprised. I don't think it's much slower than direct DB queries. After all, the time is usually taken up with the queries themselves anyway in a high-traffic site with a large DB.
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
          If you make sure all the indexes are in place in the DB, you'll be surprised. I don't think it's much slower than direct DB queries. After all, the time is usually taken up with the queries themselves anyway in a high-traffic site with a large DB.
          That's what I was hoping. I have extensive caching stuff ready to drop in on the UI anyway so that should sort out the worst bits.
          Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
          X