• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed etc.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed etc.

Britain and world set for ‘hard landing’

FEARS are growing of a sharp slowdown in the global economy, triggered by big increases in energy prices and rising interest rates. Economists at HSBC say there is a greater risk of a “hard landing” for both the world economy and Britain.

Oil prices hit a record of more than $78 a barrel on Friday, driven up by the escalating Middle East conflict. At the same time the Bank of Japan ended its zero interest-rate policy by raising its key rate, for the first time in six years, to 0.25%.

The Japanese move was a further signal that the global era of cheap money is over. Analysts will be scrutinising testimony in America by Ben Bernanke, the Federal Reserve chairman, for clues on the likely peak in US interest rates, currently 5.25%.

Yeah, it's all the tories' fault

Originally posted by Black Dalek
    Britain and world set for ‘hard landing’

FEARS are growing of a sharp slowdown in the global economy, triggered by big increases in energy prices and rising interest rates. Economists at HSBC say there is a greater risk of a “hard landing” for both the world economy and Britain.

Oil prices hit a record of more than $78 a barrel on Friday, driven up by the escalating Middle East conflict. At the same time the Bank of Japan ended its zero interest-rate policy by raising its key rate, for the first time in six years, to 0.25%.

The Japanese move was a further signal that the global era of cheap money is over. Analysts will be scrutinising testimony in America by Ben Bernanke, the Federal Reserve chairman, for clues on the likely peak in US interest rates, currently 5.25%.

G. Brown
    Why not?

Comment

So the Sunday Times reaches Skaros then.

Comment

It's always a day old though. I'm more of an Independent Dalek myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
          It's always a day old though. I'm more of an Independent Dalek myself.
          I see you've mastered the art of time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
            I see you've mastered the art of time travel.
            Mastered is stretching it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinGoldDaleks
              Mastered is stretching it a bit.
              If I catch up with that Master, I'll give him a mastering he'll never forget. I've still not forgiven him for trying to stitch us up on the Ogron planet. Mind you, he wasn't laughing when we killed him after his trial on Skaro.

Time travel makes these things so confusing.

Comment

Working...
              X