• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And another muppet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And another muppet

ok, so I agreed I would do someone a favour today but its more convenient to do it for them Tomorrow.

His reply - But X said he WANTED ME to do it Monday.

-------------------

Pointed out to another site in another division that an archive program needed to be run on their ERP as its outputting too much data as it will affect the reports I set up as their original IT team couldn't (said reports turned a loss making site into profit in 18 months saving 100+ jobs they then hacked the customer off and they are down to 30 people).

They said why don't you contact our supplier and ask how to do it....

can't help some people!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

The lay-by is less busy on Mondays

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

And today I was reminded of :

Muppet in Infrastructure - One of the ERPs you manage keeps disconnecting ...

V - let me look..
      Server is fine and most of the users are seeing no problems,nothing in the server logs.
      oh what are these DNS, DHCP and browser errors in the clients eventvwr??? Nope its the network which is why all their other applications are hanging or falling over.

Muppet - but the ERP clients are disconnecting.

V (under breath) - You would disconnect if I chopped your legs off. You changed anything on the network??? Those shiny new switches I see in the cabinet??

Muppet - oh yes.....

V - FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFS!!!!

shortened to reduce suicide potential.

everyone please feel free to document the stupidity loose in the world.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
      X