• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Piss poor attitude by 'new bank'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piss poor attitude by 'new bank'

OK, I dont care if anyone wants to pick the bones out of this but, Im so fracking annoyed, its untrue.

Agent contacts me and asks if Im available for work to which I said yes. Righto, we've a role with a new bank in scotland. You need experience in financials blah, blah, blah. No probs, my cv's all financials and ticks the requirements etc.

So I state my rate expectations, no probs says agent. After a week, agent contacts me to say someone known to the team has been offered the role, sorry. No probs, not good but hey it happens in contracting.

The next day, agent mails me, says he doesnt know what's going on but the new bank now want to do a telephone interview ostensibly for the same role, would I be prepared to go ahead? So, I ask why they now want to telephone interview when the role is filled? Agent says not sure but the opportunity is there so, yep, Im up for it.

Next day, I get a call from someone who announces himself an SIT Manager. He has difficulty presenting a logical, coherent explanation of the project, never mind the role. His introduction is interspersed with a number of pregnant pauses and recaps of what he'd said earlier etc.

He then proceeds to ask a question or two and I start to get into my stride, giving examples to back up my experience, how there's more than one way to do things and the benefits of each.

He then picks up about me being a QC SME. 'What's a QC SME' he asks? A Quality Center Subject Matter Expert, I say. 'Yes, I know what an SME is, what makes you one?'

WTF didnt you ask that question then? Anyway, I give examples why Im considered by past clients to be an SME.

As the interview wraps up, I ask him if the new bank is located at such and such business park? He says no, he's not from the area but the brand new office for the new bank is 10 minutes walk from the station. He gives me the post code 'from the bottom of my email' which I instantly recognise as the business park I mentioned!

Anyway, we wrap up and I await feedback.

Tonight, I get an email from the agent thanking me for my efforts but, a candidate 'known to the team' has been offered the position and I was unsuccessful. WTF?

So for the same role, the new bank had someone known to the team be offered the role only for it to fall through, arrange a telephone interview with me only for another (or the same) person known 'to the team' be offered the role?

No wonder new bank's project is in the tulip (as admitted by the 'SIT Manager'). I think its fracking poor show. The only saving grace is I didnt spend 150 quid on a return train ticket.

Oh BTW, the store clubcard has been shredded as we speak! Twunts.
    Last edited by BolshieBastard; 14 May 2013, 19:14. Reason: Typos!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

So who's the client
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Shoddy behaviour :handbags:

Had to laugh at 'new bank' though.

if you've shredded the card can I have your points please? Am saving up for a free pizza. Ta.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Clubcard bank isn't very new, although a number of agents have said that it was disorganised ....how about a Nectar card?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Clubcard bank isn't very new, although a number of agents have said that it was disorganised ....how about a Nectar card?
          Ah, but they dont have current account facilities. Yet, hence the 'new bank.' I certainly wont be banking with the b(w)ankers.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Ah, but they dont have current account facilities. Yet, hence the 'new bank.' I certainly wont be banking with the b(w)ankers.
            Makes you wonder if they are cut out to be a bank. Or maybe they are.....

Comment

You have had a very luck escape smokin

Comment

Hmm. sounds like they were interviewing you just in case or as a sort of practise or to see what was out there.

I had that once. Turned up - after 10 mins the guy admitted they couldn't afford to pay the rate I wanted but wanted to interview me so they could judge the market and see how the cheaper people stacked up! WTF.

I told them I had better things to do than waste my time and walked out.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Indeed

Sounds like a case where every "little" doesn't help....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Hmm. sounds like they were interviewing you just in case or as a sort of practise or to see what was out there.

I had that once. Turned up - after 10 mins the guy admitted they couldn't afford to pay the rate I wanted but wanted to interview me so they could judge the market and see how the cheaper people stacked up! WTF.

I told them I had better things to do than waste my time and walked out.
                    Good on yer.

I actually think this situation came about by the person 'known to the team' had been approached directly by the new bank . He \ she stated they wanted 400 a day (role advertised at 350). The new bank said no so he \ she declined. The new bank then needed to interview an alternative (me).

Around the time they interviewed me, the guy 'known to the team' realised he \ she wasnt going to get more than the advertised rate and told them he \ she would do it for the 350.

The new bank then went back to the agent and said the post had been filled.

Comment

Working...
                    X