• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rant, rant, rant...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rant, rant, rant...

From wikipedia (bolding is mine)

"A box junction is a road traffic control measure designed to prevent congestion and gridlock at junctions. The surface of the junction is typically marked with a criss-cross grid of diagonal painted lines (or only two lines crossing each other in the box), and vehicles may not enter the area so marked unless their exit from the junction is clear (or, if turning, to await a gap in the oncoming traffic flow)."

People who can't understand this simple concept should be lined up and shot at dawn.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

"A box junction is a road traffic control measure designed to prevent congestion and gridlock at junctions. The surface of the junction is typically marked with a criss-cross grid of diagonal painted lines (or only two lines crossing each other in the box), and vehicles may not enter the area so marked unless their exit from the junction is clear (or, if turning, to await a gap in the oncoming traffic flow)."

People who can't understand this simple concept should be lined up and shot at dawn.
    What the hell did Dawn do??!?!??!?!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I was at work on time and you wasn't.

Who's the idiot now?

Comment

You need to understand the caveats -

1) Unless you're driving an Audi / BMW / Merc
        2) The rule does not apply if you stare directly ahead - ignoring the explosive ranting coming from other drivers. (This applies mainly to older drivers).
        3) You have the kids in the car
        4) White Van Man

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
          You need to understand the caveats -

1) Unless you're driving an Audi / BMW / Merc
          2) The rule does not apply if you stare directly ahead - ignoring the explosive ranting coming from other drivers. (This applies mainly to older drivers).
          3) You have the kids in the car
          4) White Van Man
          5) You are an immigrant. Road rules of your homeland apply.

Comment

I fkcing hate box junctions, I'm always scared I'm going to be the person you're ranting about.

[shoot me]

I got stuck in one* once in central london; the horn beeping and shouting lasted a surprisingly long time.

*misjudged the size of my own car and thought it was the size of a smart car.

It's not.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Always be sure there are no obstacles before entering the box.

Comment

Is this while you were

A) A driver of some motorised vehicle so therefore are allowed an opinion or rant based on tax paid for road use
                b) A cyclist, in which case "Get off my land!"
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Is this while you were

A) A driver of some motorised vehicle so there for are allowed an opinion or rant based on taxs paid for road use
                  b) A cyclist, in which case "Get off my land!"
                  I was an A. As a B, I simply bypass gridlock by whatever means available.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

I fkcing hate box junctions, I'm always scared I'm going to be the person you're ranting about.

[shoot me]

I got stuck in one* once in central london; the horn beeping and shouting lasted a surprisingly long time.

*misjudged the size of my own car and thought it was the size of a smart car.

It's not.

Comment

Working...
                    X