• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They call this ART! NSFW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They call this ART! NSFW

US artist Paul McCarthy’s inflatable installation ‘Complex Pile’ at The Mobile M+: Inflation exhibition which opened last Thursday at a park in the West Kowloon cultural district of Hong Kong.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

thats just a big turd right?

Comment

Well I think it's sh1t!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        thats just a big turd right?
        No, right is a stocky Asian gentleman.

He seems to be admiring the big turd in the centre.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          No, right is a stocky Asian gentleman.

He seems to be admiring the big turd in the centre.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

well done!

Comment

Magritte would have written 'ceci n'est pas une crotte' on the side of it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Well I think it's sh1t!
                No it isn't. It's a large irregularly formed brown inflatable object that might not represent anything at all. Your eyes see that object and your brain interprets it as a sh1t, even thought it's far too big to be the turd of any known animal. It says more about your brain than about the artist's concept. In other words everyone who looks at it and calls it a turd/poo/tulip/crap/faeces etc. is a tulip-for-brains.

And now you all now who did a modern art course as a minor subject at a second rate poly.
                Last edited by Mich the Tester; 15 May 2013, 11:48.

Comment

The kind of art produced by an artist who demands that his work is recognised as art, even if it's a bit rubbish really.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    The kind of art produced by an artist who demands that his work is recognised as art, even if it's a bit rubbish really.
                    Has he demanded that it be recognised as anything at all?

yes, I think it's a bit poo too

Comment

Working...
                    X