• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Chico:

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Chico:

Here Chicken, why is your God so cruel? Why does he insist on making life hard for some and putting obsticles to their faith in their way? Why does he make thos eobsticles so hard for some?

According to you and your religion a very good friend of mine will now be eternally damned.
    She is 75 years old and has lived with polio most of her life. She has a curved spine and multiple other problems. She has been a devout Christian all her adult life and has always trusted that God would be there and her suffering would end one day.
    Her husband who is also devout has spent all his life looking after her. He is a smashing bloke whos entire life has been dedicated to the helping of others.

2 weeks ago he was struck down with an illness that may leave him in a wheel chair for the rest of his life.

She told me last week that her faith had gone. She could not believe in a God that would do this to her husband!

Why does your God do this to the faithful yet rewards rapists and thugs with lottery wins and easy lives?
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Because his God moves in mysterious ways!

Comment

Because his God is hoping to get the film rights on this story?

Comment

because his god is sadist ??

Comment

Because his God is a Contractor, and only saves those who pay top rate?

Comment

Chick Tract regarding the London bombing.

Make of it what you will.

As far as I am concerned extremism begets extremism.
            http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Because God is a creator, not a director.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by NickIT
                Chick Tract regarding the London bombing.

Make of it what you will.

As far as I am concerned extremism begets extremism.
                One bunch of loons condemning the beliefs of another bunch of loons. Would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Makes me want to be an evangelical atheist.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  One bunch of loons condemning the beliefs of another bunch of loons. Would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Makes me want to be an evangelical atheist.
                  I have no problems with poeple of faith. As with any group you do get the easily led to those with psychopathic tendencies. But most people I know or work with who are religous are no more strange or crazy as you or I.

Its the evangelicals (of ANY religion) that wind me up. If people want or feel the need to relate to a mythology all I can say is go for it.

But when this myth is taken as a truth despite our own experiences and knowledge and then having that myth forced on me...I get annoyed.
                  http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                    Because God is a creator, not a director.
                    Bloody hell that's why the world is in such sorry state

we need a director immediately, preferrably a contractor

Comment

Working...
                    X