• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon Corporation Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Corporation Tax

UK Sales 4.3 Bn
    Corporation Tax 2.5 million
    but they got government grants of 2.5 million.

I need the number of their accountant!

You forgot the link

Did you have a source?

tell you what:

Fury after Amazon paid less in corporation tax than it got in government grants despite making £4BILLION through sales | Mail Online

Darn the Daily Wail got the figures right (again).
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Old news really isn't it?
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

My arse.

The Wail and co wants them to pay more tax. So they will raise their prices. So it's you and me Joe Consumer who will end up paying their more corporation tax for them.

Or don't people think of that? Or are they saving it for the next outrage headline: Amazon Price Rise Tax Fury

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
          UK Sales 4.3 Bn
          CORPORATION TAX IS NOT BASED ON SALES!!!!

Sorry, it gets annoying hearing this same lie repeated again and again and again on the TV, in the newspapers and even on forums like this where as Ltd. company owners people really ought to know what corporation tax is.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I'm as guilty as anyone in using Amazon for almost everything, due to the ocnvenience.
            But I don't like that they're becoming a monopoly, especially on books.
            Platypus mentioned price rises, believe me these are coming when Amazon achieves complete dominance in the market, always happens with a monopoly.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              CORPORATION TAX IS NOT BASED ON SALES!!!!

Sorry, it gets annoying hearing this same lie repeated again and again and again on the TV, in the newspapers and even on forums like this where as Ltd. company owners people really ought to know what corporation tax is.
              Where do I say it is? Learn how to comprehend simple sentences before ranting.

Comment

Oh I feel dirty I'm just about to agree with 'the Great Cretin' (may the statistics be with him).

We need to rein in Amazon to allow competition to compete. As most of the profit comes via avoiding VAT and working offshore lets tax them until onshore business can compete.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I'm as guilty as anyone in using Amazon for almost everything, due to the ocnvenience.
                  But I don't like that they're becoming a monopoly, especially on books.
                  Platypus mentioned price rises, believe me these are coming when Amazon achieves complete dominance in the market, always happens with a monopoly.
                  They don't really have the lock-in factor to create a long term monoply like MS has for example. If they raise their prices too much customers will go elsewhere, there might not be another Amazon with regards to selling everything at one place, but for each section (books, DVDs etc) there are decent competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
                    UK Sales 4.3 Bn
                    but they got government grants of 2.5 million.

I need the number of their accountant!
                    No you don't...its simple! All you need is a subsidiary in another country where the corp tax is a nominal amount, or where you can strike a deal with the government so that it's a nominal amount and then get that part of your business to provide a service at an extortionate cost to the main business. You'll wipe out your profits in the country or countries where you make the profit and its gets transferred to the country where you have the cheap corp tax deal. Starbucks do this in Switzerland. They source their coffee beans through the Swiss part of their company and it flogs them, at a hugely inflated price to the rest of the business, ensuring that they make no profit in each country except for Switzerland
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X