• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Early Retirement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Retirement

Anyone still planning it?

BBC News - Retirement 'harmful to health', study says
    Coffee's for closers

No, I got divorced instead.

Comment

I'll retire when people stop giving me loads of money to do a little interesting stuff from the comfort of my study.
      Statisticians are the new rock stars don't you know.
      Last edited by sasguru; 16 May 2013, 12:42.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        No, I got divorced instead.

Wow. Now that really IS harmful to health.........and wealth!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I'll retire when people stop giving me loads of money to do a little interesting stuff from the comfort of my study.
          Statistician are the new rock stars don't you know.
          90% of statisticians say that.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Well we've seen the issues early retirement has caused for one forum member on this site. He is now even more delusional and obnoxious than he used to be.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

No. I'm planning for semi-retirement. I want to get the mortgage paid off so I have the option to offer as much training or consultancy as I need to live, or to just get a part time job tinkering with bicycles in the local bike shop. In any case, something I can do until I fall over.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Easy to do if you keep yourself active. To many people retire and think that's it, they don't have to do anything anymore. The ones I see living longer are the ones with allotments, or always outside doing something. One neighbour, aged 78, 3 days after his hip being replaced was out trying to build a summerhouse. I think the ones who die, run out of ambition, or imagination,

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  I think the ones who die, run out of ambition, or imagination,
                  Well that means you are well and truly fooked then!!
                  You won't see 50 with those parameters!!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Well that means you are well and truly fooked then!!
                    You won't see 50 with those parameters!!
                    Well, with an imagination like yours, you'll be doing well.

Turned 50 last Month, so, once again, you're wrong fat boy - you can't get anything right you moron

Comment

Working...
                    X