• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Really very serious charges for Menezes officers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No police officers are to be prosecuted over the fatal shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes at a Tube station.
    But the Met Police will be charged with breaching health and safety laws.
    Oh FFS ! Whether you excuse the Police or not for what happened, this is a F****** debacle.

So if anyone now kills for what they maintain is self defence, the biggest threat in law to fear are charges from the Health & Safety Executive. That'll make 'em shake in their shoes.

Cretins.

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    So if anyone now kills for what they maintain is self defence
    Only if that anyone:
    a) trained police officers with license to carry firearms
    b) gets order over radio that guy in front of them is a terrorist and he is about to blow train station

Comment

The HSE need to make sure that all state sponsored executions are carried out safely.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Ridiculous. Given the circumstances, he was not fleeing, he did not have a heavy jacket on that might have been concealing a bomb, prosecutions should have resulted.

He-Who-Must-Be-Stabbed and his cronies deliberately miss the point both on this and the shooting at Forest Gate. Of course any credible information on a terror threat has to be taken seriously but what we are objecting to are the constant cockups and the gung ho attitude. The police have always had a major problem making the mental distinction between those likely to be guilty of an offence from those who are. Maybe because they usually aren't very bright.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          trained police officers
          That's the nub of it AtW.

I don't accept those officers who actually executed Menezes were remotely well trained.

Well over excited like rank amateurs more like. And subsequent steps taken by the Met to deceive us over what actually happened.

Who'd be surprised if much of Police training now weren't supervised by ... Human Resources, for example ?

I've said before & say again. I consider our front-line Police to be 2nd to none in the world and those in the front line more often than not expected to operate with one arm tied behind their back and their other arm fending off prats like me likely to shout 'foul' every time they use force.

This is the first time though I've ever shouted foul against them and smelt something thoroughly rotten about a Police shooting. I don't do so likely.

Comment

I don't accept those officers who actually executed Menezes were remotely well trained.
            In my view responsibility is on shoulders of those who were giving orders to shoot.

Comment

Responsibility?

Originally posted by AtW
              In my view responsibility is on shoulders of those who were giving orders to shoot.
              Responsibility?
              What, do you mean like being held accountable for something.
              Alexei, where have you been, get with the program, I expect that the police officers who accidentally headshot the deemed terrorist 7 times had terrible upbringings, it's not their fault, society is to blame, etc. (wrings hands)
              Why not?

Comment

[URL=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5186050.stm]...this is a F****** debacle.
                You are right, this is a debacle...what police force around the world would charge their officers with murder when they were trying to save the lives of their fellow citizens?

Absolute disgrace but isnt hindsight a wonderful thing!

Mailman

Comment

They played too much Unreal Tournament.
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I was backing the police when this story broke.

Now I am no longer sure. The evidence that has come to light shows what a farce this whole tragedy was.

I don't believe anybody should be prosecuted, we need our police to be able to kill without wondering what the consequences will be.
                    However, the officers concerned have clearly fallen short of the high standards required of their positions and should be removed from such roles.
                    There must also be training and the bar must be set to a sutiably high standard to make sure that when the trigger is pulled it is the right decision.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X