• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Fantastic Mr Feynman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fantastic Mr Feynman

BBC iPlayer - The Fantastic Mr Feynman

Noticed in passing this was on BBC4 a few days back and made a menatal note to download on my iPad, thought many of you might be interested. Available to stream until Wednesday.

Also noticed this for Feynman/Nasa fans:

BBC iPlayer - The Challenger
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I watched the Challenger one.

Quite enjoyed it, although not exactly a Hollywood blockbuster storyline.

Space shuttle blows up, Nobel prize winning physicist discovers it's a faulty rubber seal on the rocket boosters....

Comment

Watched it the other night, liked his attitude towards his Nobel prize.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I watched the Challenger one.

Quite enjoyed it, although not exactly a Hollywood blockbuster storyline.

Space shuttle blows up, Nobel prize winning physicist discovers it's a faulty rubber seal on the rocket boosters....
        You kind of missed the point then. The cause was a management culture in which image and presentation took precedence over engineering safety; and that is what Feynman discovered. Hence the famous final sentence of his appendix to the report of the Presidential Commission: "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."

Comment

I liked it. I have pretty much all of his books, the first few I bought when I was a teenager. He was about the closest thing I had to a childhood hero. Great enthusiasm for finding out how things really worked and explaining his insights to others.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

he was a proper playa with the ladies too!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I liked it. I have pretty much all of his books, the first few I bought when I was a teenager. He was about the closest thing I had to a childhood hero. Great enthusiasm for finding out how things really worked and explaining his insights to others.
              Weird. Me to. Word for word.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

thanks d000hg.

He's one of my heroes too, but I've only got one of his books
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  You kind of missed the point then. The cause was a management culture in which image and presentation took precedence over engineering safety; and that is what Feynman discovered. Hence the famous final sentence of his appendix to the report of the Presidential Commission: "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."
                  And there was no guns, special effects or fast car chases.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    thanks d000hg.

He's one of my heroes too, but I've only got one of his books
                    Which one? His two-part autobiography is one of my favourite books and I read one of his proper books too, on QED IIRC. Sad I'm too young to have been about when he was doing TV and stuff.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X