• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What phone next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What phone next?

Have just switched my about to expire 2 year O2 contract down to a sim only £16 a month, from £32 a month, on my Galaxy S2, until the Samsung Note 3 comes out, hopefully later this year.

600 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb.

People have recommended the HTC One, any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 17 May 2013, 14:23.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Have just switched my about to expire 2 year O2 contract down to a sim only £16 a month, from £32 a month, on my Galaxy S2, until the Samsung Note 3 comes out, hopefully later this year.

People have recommended the HTC One, any other suggestions?
    How long are you planning to keep it for?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

O2 are just about to (or might already have) launched something called O2 Refresh where you pay £x per month for the contract and £x for the phone, so you can upgrade more often by paying off just the phone part (and usually getting a fair whack back from recycling firms) and they wave the remaining contract.

Might be an idea if you change phones frequently.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

THe Nokia 520/620 have great reviews and are very cheap SIM-free... could be worth a try.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I got a HTC One recently. It was the nicest phone in the shop at the time, don't know if that has changed yet.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Not sure if its worthwhile changing phones frequently anymore; Much like with PCs they seem to be reaching a plateau in terms of processor, screen, memory etc... In fact I would say there is no compelling reason to upgrade from a Galaxy S3 to an S4
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Obvious suggestion, Samsung Galaxy S4? I am in the same situation as you, had my S2 on a 2 year contract which has just expired, now on PAYG until I make my mind up which one to go for next... was thinking of waiting a few more months to see what Apple come up with

Comment

The HTC One - best phone I've ever seen and used - had mine for a month or so

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  O2 are just about to (or might already have) launched something called O2 Refresh where you pay £x per month for the contract and £x for the phone, so you can upgrade more often by paying off just the phone part (and usually getting a fair whack back from recycling firms) and they wave the remaining contract.

Yep, and it looks like it'll actually be cheaper to pay a chunk up-front and then £10 a month than it would be to buy the phone outright. I'll be looking seriously at this next time I'm upgrading. It's sort of similar to what I've done now with the sim-only plan and buying the phone outright.

Comment

I have a 12 month sim-only contract, but I can upgrade after 6 months.

Fine by me.

Generally I get a 2 year contract, not a phone fan or a regular upgrader.
                    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 17 May 2013, 14:24.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                    X