• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All is well on planet Hays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Story on the CUK front page. Considering how many people are struggling to find work, I wonder how they come to this conclusion. Or is it that their margins are greater on Bobs?

We're all rich!

My jobserve alchemy has been on overdrive this week, at least 10 a day.

Rates seem to be going up a bit in infrastructure/support at least, there must be a lot of churn due to people moving about after years in the doldrums.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The big agencies and the RPO companies have removed the "profit" from agency placements and tied up prefferred supplier arrangements that no one is using any resource to find skilled IT people.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I've not had to apply for contracts for the past 3 years, I've just been using very niche skillsets.

I expect it's people with generic skills that are suffering due to the number of permies loosing their jobs and trying contracting for the first time
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Story on the CUK front page. Considering how many people are struggling to find work, I wonder how they come to this conclusion. Or is it that their margins are greater on Bobs?

We're all rich!
          Its bollocks, isnt it? I mean I cant remember the last time Hays phoned me. Must be years ago. Im convinced the lack of agency calls is in part due to them selling their own 'contractor with permie benefits' model, talking up a skills shortage to get more bobs in and talking down contractor rates forcing more contractors to go permie.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Went to a very interesting forum on Supply Chain / Procurement in respect of Recruitment Services. The Professor who spoke, Michael Lewis (Superb) basically said that successful companies do a 'bait and switch' when their up front margins get nailed, they find ways to make money through the deals elsewhere.

As Dodgy Agent stated, the competition in the RPO space has driven margins down, but also quality.
            https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              Story on the CUK front page. Considering how many people are struggling to find work, I wonder how they come to this conclusion. URL]
              usual propagandist outsourcing lobby.
              If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
              X