• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What car to get for under £1,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What car to get for under £1,000

Had a terrible year, need to upgrade the motor.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

moneysavingexpert is ->
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Nissan Micra, at least 10 years old. Cheap to insure as well.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

BMW 3 SERIES 318 Ci 2dr Step Auto Convertible 2.0 2003
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Second hand coupé should suit you fine.

Little Tikes Princess Cosy Coupe 30th Anni Pink Toy Car

Comment

Toyota 86 GT if don't plan on asking any questions and can pay in cash.

HTH

sasguru

Comment

You dont have to have a bad year to buy a car under 1K.
              I used to buy similar cars, and run them into the ground for when I was contracting away from home.
              The mileage allowance paid for them, and could then afford to run a proper "weekend" motor.

I am going for a Mazda6 this year for under £1,200, It will pay for itself within 6 months.
              Good, reliable, and if it breaks down, cheap enough to dump and buy another rather than repair.

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
                I am going for a Mazda6 this year for under £1,200, It will pay for itself within 6 months.
                Are you an unlicensed taxi driver?

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post
                  You dont have to have a bad year to buy a car under 1K.
                  I used to buy similar cars, and run them into the ground for when I was contracting away from home.
                  The mileage allowance paid for them, and could then afford to run a proper "weekend" motor.

Good, reliable, and if it breaks down, cheap enough to dump and buy another rather than repair.
                  So what you are saying is you buy a really nice car that you like driving and stick that in a garage to gather dust while losing money. Then you go out and buy a munter and drive that all week when you are statistically more likely to be in a fatal car accident if you travel long distances for work?

Can someone please explain to me why this has ever been a sensible idea?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    So what you are saying is you buy a really nice car that you like driving and stick that in a garage to gather dust while losing money. Then you go out and buy a munter and drive that all week when you are statistically more likely to be in a fatal car accident if you travel long distances for work?

Can someone please explain to me why this has ever been a sensible idea?
                    Because of the increased likelihood that there will be one less agent?

Comment

Working...
                    X