• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cunning advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cunning advice needed

Since divorcing my wife I have gone from from permie to contractor. She does not know this, but true to the stereotype of being a psycho biker b1tch income diminisher, she has demanded to see my payslips for the last 6 months, and wants to see them every 6 months thereafter. The court order which was made in England specifically states that I only have to inform her of “any change to salary within one month of notification from your employer”. Nothing about proof, nor regular frequency to supply it.

I run my own company and do the usual thing, unremarkable salary, high dividends, all documented etc etc.

My ex is French, now living permanently abroad.
    Advice? 2 things to remember: I must brush off the ex with the minimum of fuss (otherwise she will re-engage her rottweiler solicitor who will commence the mother of all financial fishing trips), and I cannot afford to let her know about my company.
    P.S. For any smart-arse moralists out there, I pay the ex a pretty healthy slice as it is, so no holier-than-thou toss from you please.
    "My God, it's huge!!"

would following Reginald Perrins example hlp?
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Just get her a pimp
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

You can set your ltd company salary to whatever level you want. Did the courts make any ruling over your income from shares (in your own company)
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I said cunning advice...
          "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Move, and leave no forwarding address

Comment

How are relations with existing client?

They have been known to help-out with these matters from time to time, you know seduce someone in HR in order to get a letter sent by them.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                You can set your ltd company salary to whatever level you want. Did the courts make any ruling over your income from shares (in your own company)
                Indeed, but there has been precedent where the court and/or the CSA has treated dividends as deemed income. No, there is no ruling re. income from shares, and I suppose I could take a very narrow rational-legal view on this. But the other side wouldn't; they'd come over all IR35-like and argue I have been hiding assessable income.
                "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Advice

Next time, instead of getting married, just meet some bitch you don't like and buy her a house.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves
                    How are relations with existing client?

They have been known to help-out with these matters from time to time, you know seduce someone in HR in order to get a letter sent by them.
                    Relations are good, but they are a blue chip financial services outfit, therefore help is highly unlikely (concerns re. anti money laundering etc, and rightly so to be fair).
                    "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X