• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there anything wrong with bungalows?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anything wrong with bungalows?

There must be a reason why bungalows sell at a discount to similarly sized houses.

Anyone care to share their opinion?

Thanks.

Less living space for the same size of plot? No possibility of a loft conversion?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Owning a slinky is a lot less fun in a bungalow.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post
        There must be a reason why bungalows sell at a discount to similarly sized houses.

Thanks.
        Eh!? Im not aware of any bungalow, room for room equivalent to a house selling at a discount unless its a wreck. Bungalows normally go for a premium over houses because they cover a larger plot of land.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I perceive bungalows to sell at a premium as they tend to be on larger plots of land

Pros
          Low maintenance
          Lower running costs
          No stairs to climb in your dotage

Cons
          A lot smell of wee
          Less storage space
          Nowhere to hide from the missus so needs a decent shed in the garden
          Décor tends to be chintzy
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

Cons
            A lot smell of wee
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Thanks.
              Yes. It's called having an upstairs.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                I perceive bungalows to sell at a premium as they tend to be on larger plots of land

Cons
                A lot smell of wee
                I was going to post that they smell of sugar puffs ..... great minds eh?

Comment

Thanks.
                  The very word bungalow screams "pensioner". I'd never buy one, even if I lived to be 100.

But a lot of old people actually prefer them, obviously on account of not having to walk up and down stairs and less maintenance and heating.

Believe it or not in some "elephants graveyard" areas, like many seaside towns, they're more saleable than houses.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                  X