• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are the Tories about to hit the self destruct button?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Tories about to hit the self destruct button?

Conservative Party chiefs under pressure to name Tory behind 'swivel-eyed loons' slur - Telegraph

BBC News - 'Swivel-eyed loon slur' angers Conservative activists

Sometimes it seems that there is such a fundamental divide in the Tory party it's hard to see it staying together.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I think the Tories are about to enter the wilderness.

Very much a reminder of Labour in the 1980´s with a break away party always on the verge of "breaking the mould of politics".

I could even imagine the rump of the Tories merging with the Libdems to form a new center right party twenty years hence.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 18 May 2013, 13:00.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Shame that they don't have the guts to say actually the source has a point.

Those that have the balls to call themselves activists need to be told that its high time that they shut the FSCK up and took their gay bashing racist medieval views put them away and stayed out of sight. Or they will get another decade of lefty ******* spending every penny they can find.

Seriously! Take them to one side and point out their opinions are as abhorrent to the rest of the world as letting the lefties decimate the population with any race they could find and helping the chavs to breed a race of megachavs.

I am tired of having to listen to these idiots getting airplay on radio 4 apparently completely unaware that the rest of the population don't care if the gays want to get married or have babies and we certainly are not going to stop them in the name of a fictitious religion and a god that if he existed coerces his own teachers to bugger children

What they need to be engaged in is ideas that help the economy grow and regenerates the country and if they must the inner cities

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post

Those that have the balls to call themselves activists need to be told that its high time that they shut the FSCK up and took their gay bashing racist medieval views put them away and stayed out of sight. Or they will get another decade of lefty ******* spending every penny they can find.

Seriously! Take them to one side and point out their opinions are as abhorrent to the rest of the world as letting the lefties decimate the population with any race they could find and helping the chavs to breed a race of megachavs.

I am tired of having to listen to these idiots getting airplay on radio 4 apparently completely unaware that the rest of the population don't care if the gays want to get married or have babies and we certainly are not going to stop them in the name of a fictitious religion and a god that if he existed coerces his own teachers to bugger children

What they need to be engaged in is ideas that help the economy grow and regenerates the country and if they must the inner cities
        whs

Actually some of the whingers got started as soon as Dave agreed the coalition with Clegg. What the bleeding hell did they think was the alternative? Labour? Some people need to learn to accept that Mr Cameron has to compromise from day to day and otherwise you get a lefty government.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I am tired of having to listen to these idiots getting airplay on radio 4 apparently completely unaware that the rest of the population don't care if the gays want to get married or have babies
          I think you'll find lots of people outside the world of religion have strong views on the matter, though it doesn't play to your desire to make things black & white "secular rational, religious irrational". The world is not such a neat place as that.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Here is the problem the Tories face. They are a party that is fundamentally the party of the ruling class, but can never win power in a democracy on that basis alone. So they widen their appeal. Part of that widening is economic (e.g. right to buy council houses). Part of that is social conservatism. But the socially conservative consensus has been breaking down for a long time, and UKIP is coming up just as the Tories are putting forward gay marriage. It's a tricky position.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I think you'll find lots of people outside the world of religion have strong views on the matter, though it doesn't play to your desire to make things black & white "secular rational, religious irrational". The world is not such a neat place as that.
              The trouble is that it's easier for the Beeb to wheel out rabid Tory Christians talking about how offended they are because the rest of us can role our eyes and just blame them for being stupid and gullible and insular. I haven't heard any secular people saying the same things as the crap they have pinned on the Tory grass roots. unless the real truth is they are just homophobic and hiding behind a religion to spout hate.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                So are you saying that there are all sorts of bigots?

Comment

The trouble is that it's easier for the Beeb to wheel out rabid Tory Christians talking about how offended they are because the rest of us can role our eyes and just blame them for being stupid and gullible and insular. I haven't heard any secular people saying the same things as the crap they have pinned on the Tory grass roots. unless the real truth is they are just homophobic and hiding behind a religion to spout hate.
                  Except the BBC will allow Muslims to be homophobic, so it's all about pushing a left wing agenda.
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                    Except the BBC will allow Muslims to be homophobic, so it's all about pushing a left wing agenda.
                    Run us through that one.

Comment

Working...
                    X